chapter 42 Heat

After finding alpha Silas they sat down and told him all of Lori suspicions and location of the two cabins after they explain how hard it was to find a second cabin he decided to take her along for a guide. Silas sent men to check the first cabin and found Lorie was correct Shannon and Hunter were not there. alpha Connery sat and listened to his daughter explain herself and her theory.

" I believe she is correct. if the girl was here and you had not sent her to town nor given permission and so far no one else knew she was gone... it seem to me Lorie is on to something's and we should go by that until Shannon. can prove otherwise "

" I believe you are right. Eli had no knowledge of what his mate was doing. I have already interrogated him , and being a long time friend of whom I know well I believe him.". Silas said to the group.

" let's go get my kid back." Silas all but growled out walking to the door.

Lorie walked to her father and looked up slowly. " thank you daddy, for believing me."

" Lorie I will always believe you first. but we still have a long talk ahead after we get Hunter back home safe."     He looked at her for a moment and touched her shoulder giving a slight

squeeze. " Let's catch up."

,.................

Shannon laid the baby down in a makeshift bed just starring at him.

" You are kind of cute, maybe I should just take you away somewhere no one will ever find you. Maybe...."

Walking around the room talking  to Hunter absentmindedly tapping at her chin in thought.

" Or I could end it all now, I can make it look like an attack by the rogues they wont even know the difference, I have their scent stashed away I could spread around tear place a little injure my self a little make them think I tried to fight for you make it look like I really tried."

" oh I know you're too little you don't even understand what I'm saying to you."

" But that is OK, it  just means you can't tell my secrets. You know of they lose you ,being the future and all , the future alpha, it will devastate the pack. mostly your dear daddy and perfect little momma."

" But you should know your daddy is not so dear. No, he is not a good alpha at all. He expects us all to be his perfect little pack and do as he says. And do you know what happens when we speak against him against his abuse. Yes, he punishes us, Hits us in front of everyone and turns our mates against us. makes our mates abuse us. No , he is not a good man at all."

grabbing her head in her hands and pulling at her hair. Shannon sat in the floor tears streaming down her face. "SHUT UP! " JUST SHUT UP. YOU KNOW NOTHING. YOU HAVE NEVER HELPED ME!"

whispering now she rocks back and forth." you have never helped only made things worse. submit you say.follow  orders you say. well look where that has gotten me. no one notices me anymore. I am invisible."

" My mate, he hit me. he has never hit me before. I can't do it again .I can't go back to way I was treated in my old pack. it was suppose to be better here. and it was until YOUR DADDY...." she took a deep breath and stood up picking up the knife and walking to Hunter. she stood over him gripping the knife I her hands raising it up over his little chest and watching him take a breath. Hunter opened his eyes stretching and looked up to her and smiled his baby smile. Blowing his mouth and making spit bubbles he cued and smile at his nanny. the woman who had been caring for him. Shannon stopped in shock watching the baby smile and talk to her in his baby talk.

" But you know I am here don't you. I am not invisible to you. You smile when you see me and you look happy I am here. "

a/n.... Just to let you all know I am typing this on my cell phone because my home computer does not work so I have to publish or chapters cause my phone only hold so much at a time.