chapter31 HEAT

Porter looked at Jackie. " So how did your date with Malone go?" he asked her.

" Good question she wouldn't tell me anything." jack said sipping is Pepsi.

" it went fine. I had fun." she told them.

" what we want to know is Is he your mate or not?" Porter asked her.

sighing she sat her drink down. " Yes he is. But he don't know yet. He is human and was telling me he was going to be changed to panther. ..soo I don't know if it will work with mating and all you know kids and stuff." she said looking down.

"Silas and I already talked about that and if he is mated to you then he should be a wolf not a panther for just those reasons. after all we found more panthers so my species won't suffer. You should talk to Malone let him know and make the decision together." Porter told her.

"I agree with Porter. Malone is a good guy and he would make you happy. You have to trust your mate Jackie. Tell him, today. like right now." jack told her. 

" you think for a minute if my mate was here I would tell her. I have waited a long time to find her and when I do I am Not wasting a second with over thinking things." jack told her seriously.

"Your right. both of you. I am going to go find him." she said getting up and sniffing the air to see which way to go.

She walked upstairs following his scent to find home with Phoebe and Hunter. he was holding the baby talking to him like he was an adult. She smiled thinking one day he would make a great father.  

"knock, knock. " she said lowly.

"Jackie, come on in." Phoebe told her motioning to a chair beside Malone.

"He is so cute. I just want to squeeze him and kiss him." Jackie said looking down at Malone and Hunter.

" squeeze and kiss all you want babe. " Malone said wiggling his eyebrows.

" Not you, the baby." she said slapping his arm.

Phoebe laughed at them and took the baby to lay him down. 

clearing her throat Jackie said really fast. " youcantchangeintoapanther." she looked up at Malone.

"What? slow down down I didn't catch all of that." said Malone.  

"I said you can't change in a panther." she let out a breath she didn't know she was holding and glanced back up at him.

"Why?" he asked

"because you just can't. " Jackie told him.

"Oh so you still don't want to tell me that we are mates." Malone smiled at her with a mischievous look in his eye.

"h-how did you know? " she asked him.

" I may be human but I am not stupid. I can feel it too. Maybe not as strongly as you but it is there. Now do you want to be honest with me and talk about it or do I have to rely on my own skills to find out what is going on?" Malone asked her.

She looked at him shock written all over her face. “I was going to tell you last night. But I got scared. Then you started talking about being a panther and I really got scared. I don't know how that would work or if we would even be able to have kids and me want kids one day Malone. “She told him fiddling with her fingers. 

He reached over and took her hands in his. “Jackie, I will be what ever I have to be for you. Species don't matter to me. But if you are afraid our kids would suffer or we wouldn't be able to have any then I will let you change me." he told her. She looked up searching his face to see if he was being truthful and all she saw was love and admiration in his eyes. She jumped into his arms and hugged him so tight. " Jackie ...can't breath love." he forced out. She eased up not letting go. "Sorry. " she mumbled into his shoulder and neck. He pulled her closer and held her until Phoebe cleared her throat. " as sweet as this is. Why don't we all do down stairs and let the baby sleep." she smiled at them.