chapter 13 Heat

The next morning they have been busy all day. Phoebe had been hanging decorations preparing meals with the kitchen staff.  Half of the pack jumped when they heard a loud bang. Silas stormed out of his office shifting into his wolf and run into the woods. Alan emerged from the office slowly walking up to Phoebe and Dawn. Alpha Paul will be attending with seven of his men,  preparing for them.  Phoebe and Dawn stood shocked for a moment.

"Dawn prepare rooms I need to go for a walk, I need fresh air." Phoebe said walking away.

Jack called out to her and ran to catch up. "You can't go alone. You know the Alpha orders." Jack looked at her.

"Fine we are going outside for a walk." She stated. As they walked outside she took a deep breath and Jack took her hand in his. "You know I will protect you Luna. and so will he."

"I know "she smiled up at him."Its just so hard, having to pretend. I just want a normal mating. I want to be able to go to him and not have to hide. With Alpha Paul here we won't be able to be together."

"I'm sure we will think of something. Maybe I can leave you in my room and he and I can swap places so he can be with you." Jack said trying to give her some kind of peace.

"I can be very sneaky when I want to be. And him and his pack can be distracted long enough." Jack winked at her.

She smiled back at him and laid her head to the side of his shoulder as they walked hand and hand. to anyone else looking on you would think that it was a loving conversation between two mates.

"Come on let's get back to the house we have a lot of work to do." Jack pulled her along. wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

As they walked back to the house Silas ran out of the woods and circled them like prey. A low growl emanated from his chest. Alan stepped out of the house and call to Silas. He took a step back and let them pass. He followed them inside and the door was closed he shifted back and stood brooding at Jack. Phoebe stepped in between them looking at Silas. "Don't! This was all your idea. You can't get mad at him or me. It was all your doing." She said gritting her teeth.

He stood taking deep breaths trying to calm down. He knew she was right it was all his idea. "OK I am calm." He said and Jack let out a breath.

"Sir I have an idea." Jack spoke up stepping closer to him and Phoebe.

"Go on." Silas snapped.

Phoebe smacked his arm and looked cross at him. "What is your idea Jack?" She asked.

"Well when we have to be together and pretend maybe we should both keep the link to alpha Silas open. If he can hear the conversation and feel emotions it might keep his wolf be calmer." 

Silas smiled and slapped him on the shoulder "I knew you where in my pack for a reason, smart. We will try that." He said as he pulled phoebe back to him and further away from Jack.

She rolled her eyes at his gesture and shook her head. 

Later that evening everyone was sitting and eating Phoebe pulled back from the table and eyed the food with her lip turned up.  "It stinks. OH God I think I am going to be sick." She said as she pushed the plate away. Jack got up and got cracker for her and brought it back to the table. "Here try this, When Cherish my sister was pregnant she ate crackers all the time. It helped her some." 

"Thank you Jack." she said as she nibbled a cracker.

"Is it helping?" Silas asked

"Maybe a little." Phoebe smiled

A man in the pack walked up to them bowing his head he dropped to one knee beside her "Ma'am, this is Ginger root. My mate is pregnant also and her grandmother sent it to her. Would you like to try it?" He asked.

" I'll try just about anything not to feel like this again." She smiled taking it from him.  

"How do I take it?' She asked

He took it and cut a peace off for her and held it out to her. "Chew a little and suck the juice out of it. Just don't swallow the root."  he told her.

"You can also take a peace and boil it and make a tea to drink." He told her.

She had been sucking on it as he talked and her stomach began to settle. She reached her hand out and touched his arm. "Thank  you, I would like to meet your mate. Maybe we can talk tomorrow." She said.

He looked back across the room at his mate who smiled and nodded her head."Yes ma'am, she would love that." He bowed his head again and got up to go to his mate.

Silas sat there the whole time watching his pack interact with her and her with them. She turned no one away and had a smile for them all. The perfect mother to the pack he thought.

He stood then and addressed his pack. "We have a busy week and a lot of guests coming. During the time that Alpha Paul is here no one is to mention Phoebe as my mate and that I have a pup on the way. While they are here Jack will be pretending to be her mate. Call her by her name not Luna from now on until I say otherwise." He demanded them.

"Also we have children in this pack that like to pick on others and that is not acceptable. As parents you will punish them. If you can not get them under control I WILL."  He told them all.

Five little heads turned to glare at Dara. Silas smiled. "Thank you kids, I now who did this to her. You will all meet me with your parents in the hall now!" He said walking out the door.

Ashamed, the moms and dads got up with their bad kids and walked into the hall with Silas.

When the kids all stood in front of their Alpha. He explained to them the meaning of a pack and family. He also explained to the parents that this is something they should have been raised knowing. 

"You will all be punished parents and children." he told them.

"You can't punish our parents!" A boy yelled out to him.

Silas could feel the heat coming off his skin. The mother put her hand over the boys mouth and shook with fear.

"It is as much their fault as it is all of yours. I dare you to speak to your Alpha that way again." He took the boy by the arm and pulled him out of his mothers grasp. He bent down with one knee up and pulled the boy over it and spanked his butt. When he was done the boy was in tears. Silas looked up and said "NEXT!" 

The kids all lined up to get a spanking from the Alpha. "You are all to go finish your meal and straight to bed." he told them.

The kids all ran off to eat and Silas looked to the moms and dads. " Do I need to turn you all over my knee like children? Or will you teach them?" he said

"We will teach them alpha, I am very sorry." A man said and his mate nodded in agreement.

All the other moms and dads agreed but one woman. "And you don't agree?" Silas asked her.

Her mate nudged her arm. "Sir I mean no disrespect but I don't like you or anyone spanking my child." She said

Silas stepped up to her and got close to her face. "Then maybe you and your family would rather be rouges." he growled out. 

 Silas stepped into the dinning room and pulled a chair out to the hall he sat down and pulled the woman to him and over his lap and spanked her HARD. 

When he was done he stood her up and he looked to her mate. "I have known you all my life. You have always been a loyal member of this pack as your family before you, For this reason only I will not send you all out to be rouges. But, GET YOU MATE AND CHILD UNDER CONTROL!" he growled. 

"Yes Alpha, Thank you sir." the man bowed and drug his mate away.