CHAPTER 19 HEAT

Jason and Silas had been talking for about half an hour when Jason's phone rang. "It's Jackie." He said as he answered.

"Hey Cuz hold on let me put you on speaker." He said as he hit the button. "OK, As I was about to say. I ran the names and crossed them with Phoebe's and Her husbands Terrance." Silas growled .

"Sorry Si , I know late husband. Is that better?" She asked.

"Fine, What did you find out?" Silas asked her.

"Nice to hear from you too Silas, Anyway the two men were in with him. Same Battalion and all. From Photos I found they where tight Always together. But What I don't understand is the way Terrance died. From the reports it says shrapnel, but the photos look more like a rogue attack or something. Jason you know we have seen a lot growing up and this is not injuries caused by shrapnel. I can clearly see claw marks and bite marks." 

"So he wasn't killed in war just during it." Jason said.

"Exactly. But why?" Jackie said.

"Yes Why? And what does it have to do with Phoebe now? And are they working with Paul?" Silas said looking up at the sealing as it would give him an answer.

"This seems to be getting more complicated by the minute." Jason added.

"I am going to keep searching. I think the best way to find out is find all were's in this area at the time of his death and try to locate who killed him first. Then maybe we can find out why." Jackie said.

"When you hear something let us know, But Jackie be careful. One man has already lost his life over what ever is going on. I don't want you getting caught in this and lose you as well." Jason told her.

"I love you too Cuz, Bye." She said as she hung up the phone.

Silas picked up his phone and shot a text to Alan. 

silas: Get phoebe to my office . Don't let anyone see her enter. Make a distraction what ever you have to do.

alan: on it.

A few minutes later He heard fighting in the hall. And Dawn screaming words he could barely understand. Right when he was about to get up Phoebe was shoved in the door and it closed behind her. 

" You wanted to see me?" She smiled.

"What the hell is going on out there?" Silas asked.

"A distraction. To Many of Paul's men was in the hall so Dawn and your beta and Alan started fighting." She said pointing at Jason.

"Fighting? How?" Jason asked

"Well Dawn accused him of rubbing his hand over her a..butt and he of course caught on and smirked and tried to really do it and Alan punched at him and He ducked and WE have a hole in the wall to fix but they shoved me in here so I don't really know what happen after that." She said quickly.

''A hole in a wall is the least of our worries. Come here." Silas pulled her closer to him and smelled her neck. 

''Ok you two down to business." Jason said pulling out the photos.

"We got some information on the man from the baby store. He was in the Army with your late husband. Do you recognize these men or the names. Porter or Malone?" Jason asked phoebe.

"I have heard of them friends of Terrence I think. I know he spoke of them a lot. But Why would they be looking for me and wait so long to do it?' She asked

"Maybe they just got back home or just was able to find you. We don't know that yet but we still have someone looking." Silas told her.

"Ok. So do we know where they are staying? If we go to them then we control what goes on and not them." She said looking serious.

"I like the way you think."Jason said

"Me too, But what if Paul is involved? We need to make sure he is no where around when we do go. We don't need to be followed." Silas said.

"Then we go when everyone has gone to bed tonight. Before they have a chance to find out." Phoebe told them standing up.

"Sounds like a plan. Go get some rest and eat. I will make sure we have everyone we need ready. We can take a few men from both packs so to many aren't missing from mine for him to notice." Silas told Jason.

"Sounds like a plan to me." Jason said as they snuck Phoebe back out into the hall.