chapter 21

"OK everyone let's go." Silas said coming in the room. 

"Jack remember stay with Phoebe at all times. Alan your with me, the rest of you guys split up between us and do not let anyone get near her." He said pointing to Phoebe.

A chorus of "yes sir" and "yes alpha" went around as they headed to the cars.

After driving for fifteen minutes they stopped out side a little hotel. They all filed out of the cars and walked to the door. Silas listened for a second. "They are both here. Go ahead." He said as he stepped aside and Alan kicked the door in. The men ran in and subdued the two men as Silas walked in with Phoebe.  

"You have been looking for me I hear." said Phoebe.

Porter looked at her stunned."Phoebe? Your Phoebe? Terrance's wife?"he asked.

"Yes I am his widow if that's what your asking. What do you want with me?" she asked.

"Its a long story. You think we could get up and sit and talk...privately?" he asked.

"No!" Silas demanded. "She doesn't know you and we don't trust you. What you have to say can be said in front of us." He looked at them with narrow eyes. standing with his arms crossed over his chest. 

Malone looked at Phoebe "We have a disc Terrance left for you. He wanted to make sure you stayed safe." he said looking at Silas and Jack. "Are you safe with these men? Can we trust them?" he asked.

"Yes I am safe.  And yes you can trust them." she said sitting down in a chair.

The men stood up and sat on the side of the bed and looked at her. " I don't know how well you can handle seeing this but I assure you it is real. We dont believe his death was an accident. I'll explain more of that after you all see this. Terrance made it a point to say please don't report this to authorities. There is a race that needs protecting from us really and our government. So before I hit play promise me all of you it stays secret." he said looking around the room at every body.

"A race that needs protecting? " Silas thought out loud.

"Yes. Apparently Terrance found a woman dying and she made him promise. Its all on here." he said putting a disc in a laptop.

"But I have to warn you. This is not pretty." He told her.

"How well did you two know Terrance?" Phoebe asked them.

"Best buds, We did everything together." Malone told her.

"Yeah he was a great guy." Porter told her.

"Yes He was." She sighed.

The disc started out as Terrance showing her the land he had purchased and where he was going to build their home. He went on to tell her about the tree he would build a tree house in for their kids and tire swing. He was excited to show her. He went on and on smiling and telling her everything they would do together.  Phoebe sat there with tears in her eyes as she watched her dead husband smile and laugh about their future. A future she would never have with him. Tears streamed down her face as she cried silently. 

Suddenly a scream was heard in the distance on the recording as her husband turned around it showed a woman being chased by wolves. As she reached the road headed for the trees. Terrance turned and pulled his gun from his side. He never dropped the camera he fired and shot one wolf in the head and dropped him instantly. He fired and missed the other . He fired four more shots as he tried to kill the animals mauling the woman. One of his shots hit or grassed one in the head and right before his eyes the wolf shifted into a man. "HOLY FUCK! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! SHIT, SHIT, SHIT!"

As the other wolf shifted and dragged off the man Terrance ran to the woman and knelt down beside her. The camera was still on when he sat it down beside her. She gurgled and Looked at him. "Please tell no one. Run get out of here they will be back and kill you." She almost whispered out.

"I can't leave you here to bleed to death." he told her.

"Just stay with me I am getting help." he told her pulling out his phone to call 911.

She reached for his hand. "NO! I wont make it. Please tell no one what you have seen here. Please my people rely on you for secrecy. Promise me Please." She begged.

" Ok , OK I promise. What do you mean your people?" He asked.

"Werewolves." she stuttered.

"Silas." she whispered as she took her last breath.

Phoebe's head snapped to the side and Silas was shaking he was so angry. He knew who killed his mate and child and they would pay. Phoebe reached for him and he took a step back away from her. His eyes were black as coal and his wolf was about to take over. 

"Silas?' Phoebe said in a shaky breath. His head snapped to her and he pulled her to him and breathed in her scent calming him some. Still his wolf howled in his mind at the pain of watching his first mate die. Her last breath was to utter his name.

"She didn't die alone, I'm glad she wasn't alone. She had him to comfort her." Silas whispered in her hair.

They stood there holding each other crying for the lost loves they had. 

"How ironic." Alan said.

"What?" Silas asked

"Your pasts have crossed. Her husband was with Jane when she past and now you two are mates. This disc got him killed and now someone knows it has been made and is after her." Alan said.

"And now we know who." Jack added.

"What the hell! Are you telling is that you are all... like them?" Malone Asked.

"Werewolves." Phoebe nodded.

"Did Terrance know?" he asked her.

"I wasn't one when he and I were together. Only after I was attacked by... that man or wolf." She said

"The one in the disc?" Silas asked her.

"Yes." She nodded her head again.

Silas growled and shook again. Not only had that bastard killed Jane and his un born child but also attacked Phoebe and almost killed her. He was beyond livid. Down right pissed off mad as hell.

"You men are coming with us. They may or may not know about you." Silas told Porter and Malone.

"Alpha Silas." Porter Bowed his head.

"I need to tell you something before we leave here. You may not want to protect me." he said.

"We know you aren't human. But What are you?" Jack asked.

"Well I am panther, The last as far as I know. My family was killed a long time ago. My pride was slaughtered. I understand if you don't want me with you." He said looking at Phoebe and Silas.

"Did Terrance know?" She asked.

"Yes, After I saw this video I had to tell him or rather show him. He took it well. After all I am the same man he went through basic training with same man he fought beside everyday. He was a great friend." Porter said looking down.

"You will come with us." Silas said as they turned to walk out the door..

I WILL POST MORE TOMORROW. AFTER WORK. VOTE IT ONLY TAKES A SECOND TO DO IT...AND IT MAKES ME WANT TO WRITE. VOTE VOTE VOTE. MAGON...VOTE!