chapter 41 heat

Lori was already aware there was a cabin  in the forest so she took Jack running in that direction never stopping to speak to her father like  alpha Silas had told her to.

" Lori what are you doing?"  jack asked

" finding a baby what do you think I'm doing." Lorie said.

" damn ! Lori you are suppose to be speaking with your father."  jack called out as he ran behind her.

" later, right now the baby is what matters. there are two cabins within a reasonable distance of the pack house, one just over the hill and the closest. the other we need a car. It isn't a place that is easy to find or get to. But if she took the baby here we are good.  From what I have overheard this is the location she told alpha Silas about. If they aren't here then she is a liar and needs to be found.

taking her arm Jack pulled her to stop. Turning her to face him. "  Lorie do you think she is ..I mean that is a serious accusation."

" Yes..no..I mean I'm not sure. I have this feeling. Just the  way she tried to describe the so called men...and if she was watching the baby then how did she hear something in town?  it just don't add up. At least not to me anyway."

Jack looked in her eyes and nodded. " OK, but we do this the right way. Come back with me, we will tell Silas what you think and go from there."

" Jack they won't be leave me. I have been running for a long time. I lied about my death do you really think he will listen?"

"  I know Silas and he is hard sometimes but he is fair and he will listen he will take what you say into consideration. Trust me...your mate." he said looking in her eyes.

" OK , I trust you. let's go." she said turning to run back to the den.

" Lorie? How did you over hear anything?" Jack asked

" I have my ways, and people talk when they think no one is listing." she told him as the got to the front door again.

a/n ....sorry this one is short. but I wanted to get something out to you.

I have been gone so long I felt guilty for keeping you waiting.