chapter 8 HEAT

(Edited)

As they all got ready to leave, Silas took Phoebe by the arm. "Listen to me, I know I never got around to accepting you in the pack but now that you carry my mark you are. If at anytime you some how get separated you can think of the person you want to talk to and push the thought to them. I want you to think of Dawn and push a thought to her. You need to be able to do this." He told her.

She thought of Dawn and her red hair and a picture of her popped in her mind. She pushed a "Hey girl" to her.

"What the hell! Phoebe?" Dawn questioned.

"Yes" Phoebe smiled.

"Just testing " Phoebe said to her.

Silas shook his head. " Now push a thought to me." he told her

"Thank you Silas. You have made me happy today." She thought to him.

"You are very welcome My mate." he thought to her. She smiled at that and they all turned to leave the house.

When they arrived at Babies-R-Us Dawn and Phoebe ran to the door. Jack caught up to them pulling her back, taking her hand and pulling her to his chest. He whispered in her ear. "Don't run away from me. I can't protect you like that."

She smiled and looked up at him "Sorry." She said as she took his hand again and they walked in together.

Silas was watching and linked Phoebe "What did he say to you?" he asked her.

"Just not to run away because he couldn't protect me like that." she told him.

"Fine." Was all he said back to her. She smiled and shook her head. He was jealous. Dawn looked at her. She linked to Dawn "He got jealous" She laughed.

Dawn smiled and took her to the cribs. They looked around for the perfect crib and finally decided on a white one. They found car seats, strollers and a changing table to match the crib. She had all the furniture she needed for now. They went to Blankets and pick some both sex. " This would be so much easier if I know what it was." Phoebe said.

"Well when do you go back?'' Dawn asked her

" Next week." Phoebe replied.

A man was walking up to them and Jack walked closer to her. Putting his arm around her waist. Alan was with Dawn who was looking at little booties and bibs.

The man walked closer to Phoebe "Hi, do I know you? You look very familiar." He said.

"No I don't think we have ever met." she told him.

"Oh well I am Jessie." He stuck his hand out to shake hers

Jack pulled her closer. "Do you not see me standing here? Back the hell off my girl." Jack snarled at him.

Alan and dawn walked up then. Dawn stepped up to Phoebe "Look what I found!" she told her Pulling her back behind Jack.

Silas had already linked to Phoebe " Act like any part of the pack." He told her

He walked in the store and straight to them. "You done? I finished early. I need to get back lets go."

They all bowed to him and walked away.

"Jack go have the stuff she wanted delivered and take care of paying them." Silas linked to him.

Jack kissed her head "I'll take care of this and be right out." He turned and walked away.

Alan and Dawn took up both sides of her and Dawn kept talking about baby clothes with Phoebe. Trying to look natural as they all got in the car. Alan took the drivers seat and Phoebe and Silas got in the back. A few minutes later Jack ran out and jumped in beside Phoebe. The man Jessie walked out of the store and looked right at them. Jack pulled Phoebe closer to him as they drove off with his arm around her.

After they got down the road and out of sight, he let her go and she moved over back to the middle of the seat.

Silas took a breath and looked at her. "You smell like Jack." he snapped.

"Sorry Alpha." Jack said.

Silas pulled her to him and rubbed his face in her neck and ran his hands through her hair. Putting as much of his scent on her as he could in the car. "When you get home shower. It is ok for now but at home you shouldn't smell of him." He said to her.

"Okay." she said looking back and forth.

"Why did you kiss her?" Silas asked Jack

"Well I was trying to think If I was leaving my pregnant mate for even a few minutes what would I do. And I couldn't do that so I opted to kiss her head instead. I didn't want you to kill me but I wanted it to look real." He told him.

"Good thinking, but try not to have to do that again if you can help it. But for the time being it was a good idea. Maybe it will throw them off her." Silas told him. "Yes Alpha." Jack said lowering his head.

When they got to the house Silas sent her to shower right away. He couldn't stand having Jack's scent on her. Even if it was necessary. Jack, Alan and Silas went to his office. "So do you think he was with the other pack?" Alan asked.

"He was definantly a were of some kind I could smell it." Jack said

"You didn't smell it?" Silas asked Alan

"No sir there was too many next to him. Jack was there when it was just him and Phoebe and that guy." Alan said. " And he walked away when he saw you coming."

"He did, that makes me think he is with him and they are trying to find out who she is." Silas told them.

"Jack go back to town and track him. Find out where he is staying and don't get caught." Silas told him.

"Yes sir." Jack said as he walked out.

"I'm going to check on Phoebe." Silas said as he walked out.