CHAPTER 26 HEAT

THE FIGHT WILL COME SOON...I HAVE MORE PEOPLE TO GET INVOLVED AND MATES. BE PATIENT..LOL This is a short chapter but it is to fill everyone in on how things are going to happen. You will understand more as the next two chapters come together.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles met up with Silas outside of his Charleston house just a ways down so their scent wouldn't be near there. He didn't want his father to suspect anything. He got them set up in the house down the road. His pack members don’t knowing anything.

“We need to find out who is in your house that you can trust. Who will fallow your father or you?" Jason told him.

“I don't thin I can trust anyone here or he wouldn't have put them with me. I believe he sent his trusted men here to watch and report back to him." Charles said.

“That’s what I would have done." Silas said coming in the room.

“I have already placed Porter and Malone around your house to watch and report back to me. We should know what your pack is up to soon." said Silas.

“So we know Paul is trying to locate Jasper, I have already found him through my cousin and he is being brought here. They should arrive late tonight." Jason told them.

Silas sat in the arm chair with his leg propped up on the other he fingers rubbing over the stubble on his chin in deep thought. He sighed and looked out of the corner of his eye at Charles and Jason talking. They were going on about where to place men here and there around the house tunnels that lead inside. 

“This house was used in the underground railroad there are hiding places all over the grounds. I don't think anyone really knows about them but me. I bought this house myself so my father doesn't have the blue prints or know of the add one’s that was done. Hell I found it by accident when I was going to knock a wall out to make my room larger." Charles told them.

“Seriously? That could come in handy. Can you show us?" Silas interrupted.

“Sure only a few of you I don't want your scents in the house when my father shows up." Charles told him.

"I, Jason, Alan, Jack, and Terry can let the other men through the tunnels."  Silas told him.

":Let's go." Charles told them.

They all followed him through the tress into a shed that looked like it was about to fall down. He lifted a trap door under some fake grass and they all descended the stairs dust and dirt filled their noses. They walked slowly through the tunnels and into a larger room with small boards and peaces of what looked like scrap wood for walls. They all looked as if they would fall if you breathed on them to hard. Charles opened a door and they walked into his kitchen. No one spoke Charles motioned for them to fallow and he opened another door inside the pantry and they went through a small tunnel they had to turn sideways to fit in. He opened a smaller door and they entered his room. Walking further he showed them how to get into each room in the house and back to the back yard. He then led them back to the other house and they filled the guys in on the tunnels and where you come out and where you could watch and hear with out being seen. The only problem they had was hiding their scents if they hide someone in there. 

Malone walked into the house a minute or two in the conversation and was covered in mud and something else from the trees. They didn't look up or acknowledged he was there until he cleared his throat.

Silas and Jason turn quickly ready to attack and stopped and looked at the mess over him. Sniffing the air Silas raised a brow and looked back at the other men and smiled. 

“Malone what the hell is all over you?" Jack asked.

“Ash, mostly tree sap and dirt some leaves and I think I have squirrel fur stuck to me somewhere" He told them.

“Ten men from each pack fallow Malone and get dirty. They need to be covered in what ever is on you so it covers their scents." Silas told them.

“Yes sir, Oh I almost forgot why I came here. There is a truck coming from about two miles away from the south. There are two people inside a man and a woman." Malone told Silas.

“That would be Jasper and Jackie." Jason told him.

Nodding his head one time Malone turned and took the other men to get dirty. 

After covering them in tree sap from several trees and dirt Malone took a step back and said." Can you still smell each other? Human still you know." he told them.

“Faintly, but yes." Terry told him.

Porter dropped from out of the tree next to them in panther form with an animal in his jaws still alive.

“Good idea." Malone said taking the field rat from him and rubbing it on the men. By this time the rat was scared and peed on them also.

"Ahh really?!" one man whined after getting pee on him.

“It hides your scent better that's exactly why he brought a live animal and not a dead one." Malone told them. After their scents were well covered Porter had jumped back in the trees and hide Malone took the men back to Silas. 

"Damn, you all smell like rat piss." Silas told them.

“How do you know it was a rat?' terry asked him.

“I smelled them in the tunnels." he said shrugging.

" OK you guys get to the tunnels and hide I want to know everything you see and hear so keep your links open at all times." Silas told them.