32

important author's note below

Chloe's POV

we finally reached our place and Nicholas just drove me straight to his place. I was silent during the ride to his place and was  relived that Nicholas gave me time to my self to think about the past events. I still couldn't believe that Javier is dead or how I would have been to if not for Nicholas. He has always been saving me since but also I'd not had need saving had he not entered my life. I was tired of always running and I just wanted to be myself again and not be involved in the mafia.

we entered his house and he motioned for me to seat on the couch and then sat on the hand of the couch. He pulled me into a hug and I couldn't hug him back because of my crowded thoughts. I pulled back from the hug and just stared at Nicholas for a few minutes. "I can't do this anymore", I say to him in a half whisper and then felt him tense. "what do you mean?", he asked me even if we both know what I meant. "this running, killings, fighting, kidnapping, it's just so much for me to take.",i say to Nicholas and he just sighed." don't do this Chloe", he said to me but I just shook my head. "I'm exhausted Nicholas, physically and  mentally, all this is to much for me to bare, I don't belong in this life, I'm just a coffee shop owner, I'm not supposed to be girlfriend with the leader of the mafia!", I say to Nicholas. "come down Chloe  you're being hysterical", Nicholas says to me and I just lost it. "hysterical, hysterical!, you're not the one who watched a man being killed in front of you, a man whom you just talked to a few seconds ago, I'm supposed to be a simple girl and if not for me opening my big mouth in Italy, all this wouldn't have happened, I wouldn't have met you and I.......... ", I stopped mid sentence as I saw the look of pain on pain on Nicholas face." is that what you wished for?, to have never met me?.",he asked me and I just dropped my head in defeat "it not you Nicholas but your profession,I thought I could handle it but since we've been together bad things has been happening and I just think we should call it quits", I say to him and then after a minute silence he talked. "yeah I think we should, it's clearly not walking out for you and you don't believe I can protect you so yeah let's call it quits", he says to me and I couldn't trust my voice so I nodded. "so this is goodbye", I say to him and he stood up. "I'll have one of my men drop you at home............... goodbye Chloe", Nicholas said to me and I left his place with a broken heart.

I reached home and just want straight to my room. "Chloe  dear", my mom asked as she walked into my room and I just gave her a hug. "I broke things off with Nicholas", I say to her and she just hugged me tighter. "why dear", she asked me and I told her everything. "did I do the right thing mom?, I asked her and she just shrugged." all I can tell you is to follow your heart but if you want my opinion,I think you followed your brain. like is about taking risk dear, if l hadn't taken a risk with my heart, me and your dad wouldn't have gotten married because he was a soldier and always goes to war. my point is sometimes you always have to take risk with your heart for you to have true love ", my mom said to me and then excused her self from the room, leaving me with all my thoughts.

i just walked around the room and took in a few what my mom said my thoughts were jumbled up and the only question that seemed logical to name was

if I made the right decision

****************************
did you think she made the right decision?

I recently entered the 2017 literary awards and I nominated

this book and

The secret room

I need you guys help, all you have to do is go to the awards, look for entries, locate my book and just write :I vote for............

if you can do that for me I'd really appreciate it.

and don't forget to check out my new book the secret room, 2chapters are Already up.

thanks