35

please read the author's note at the end it important.

Chloe's POV.

i woke up begrudgingly today and I still don't know how to piece my life right now. Adam said he's ready for a relationship but I don't think I am after what happened to me and Nicholas. I sighed as I got up from the bed and walked to the bathroom. I washed and brushed my teeth as I got ready for the day. instead of being idle. I told my mom that I want to get a job elsewhere and I've got the perfect spot. After getting ready, I quickly started on my way and after about 15-20 blocks.

I arrived. I stared at the place and smiled as i saw that the vacancy was still there. Slowly I walked inside as the doorbell chimed. I walked further into the building but could see no one "how may I help you dear", the voice behind me startled me which caused me to jump and quickly turn around. I looked breath in a sigh of relief as I saw that it was just an old woman "I'm sorry I um say the vacancy outside and I came to apply  for the job", she looked at me and then smiled. "Well you're lucky because I'll be the one to interview you", she says to me and motioned for me to follow her. "what Job experience do you have?", she asked me and I smiled "well I have worked in my mom's cafe", I say to her and she smiled "any experience in baking", she asked me and I nodded. "yes I can bake all kinds of dessert and foods especially Italian specialty because I lived there and had just relocated from there to Russia because of some unsettling circumstances", I say to the lady and she smiled "okay I-" "you're hired ", some said and I quickly looked there" Adam?, what are you doing here? ", I asked him and he smiled" well I work here well technically I'm the boss ", he says to me and I looked at the lady and she nodded." fancy seeing you in my bakery maybe it's fate and our destiny ", Adam said again and I couldn't help but smile" when do I start? ", I asked him" well you can start now, customers are going to start trooping by these doors when it's the right time and that's when the rush hour starts and oh don't worry about your salary payment we can discuss it over that dinner that you promised me",. I quickly looked at the woman and blushed. "well I'll just excuse my self from the situation since it's clear that you guys know each other",. I watched the women walk away and then turned to stared at Adam" okay so where do I start boss ",. he stiffened as I said that and walked closer to me" Adam. Just Adam not boss ", he says to me and I just smiled and nodded.

After that he introduced me to his other staffs and after getting me an apron and their company top I was ready to work. I was happy when he put me in the cupcake department and the people there were really nice. it wasn't long before I had a work friend Suzy. I was really glad as I show off my cupcakes skills and learnt how to make different varieties for my colleagues. my shift ends at 7 sharp and I couldn't be happier. I was on my way to the exit when I felt hands on my shoulders "tough day?",. I just smiled and nodded" you still owe me that date",. I groaned and he chuckled "lead the way soldier",. he smiled and took my hands. we entered his car and we were off to his house.

............. IMPORTANT A/N.............

some of you are confused by Nicholas sudden change of behaviour but don't worry as all will be explained at the next chapter because it's going to be Nicholas POV all the way.

also I want to thank those of you who supported my friend:
SevenAOB and voted on her book. it really means a lot.

for those of you who still want to help her profile is sevenAOB. you can check her out in my profile.

don't forget to

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

♥ B. E

💕.