19

Chloe's POV.

I'm his girlfriend

It just echoed through the silent room as me and mark looked at each other surprised. "I've never seen you before", mark says to her and she just laughed it off. "I was away on a trip out of the country and now I've just returned", she says to me. "How long have you been his girlfriend?", I asked her mentally cursing my self that my voice came out week. "Close to 4 years now", she says to me and anger surged through me but all that dissipated fast and all I was left with was hurt. "Mark let's go", I say to mark not letting him follow me, I stormed out of the place and was making my way to the car when I felt the pressure of a male hand on my own. I quickly looked around expecting Nicholas but it was only mark. "I'm sorry Chloe, I didn't know about her", mark says to me and I just waved him off. "Don't  apologize mark, Nicholas here is at fault not you. How dare he claim to love me when he has had a girlfriend for a long time", I said to mark and he nods. "Boss can be very secretive about many things but this Natasha takes the icing on the cake", mark says to me. "At least now she'll take care of him", I say to mark and then he drove me to my house.

After saying goodbye to mark, I headed inside and that's when I just broke down in tears. It hurts that I've fallen in love with a guy who lied about being in love with me and to top it all, he had a girlfriend and he has another think coming if he thinks I'll become the mistress in this 'relationship' "

Using this knowledge, I wiped away my tears and just thought of ways to move on with my life..

Natasha's POV.

I opened the door softly and sighed in silent appreciation that Nicholas was finally asleep. I have to admit that I didn't do it alone, sleeping pills helped me.

I looked at him closely and just thought about something. Why did he want me to pretend to be his girlfriend?. The question kept popping up considering the fact that I'm his childhood friend and that I'm already engaged to another guy but hearing the desperation in his voice made me want to do this favor for him.

(Flashback to phone call from last chapter)

Nicholas; I need a favor

Natasha: what is it?

Nicholas: I know you're engaged and all but please I need you to head over to my house tomorrow and pretend to be my girlfriend.

Natasha: you're kidding me right

Nicholas: no pls it urgent.

Natasha: but why

Nicholas: I fell in love with a girl who doesn't love me but pities me

Natasha: awww Nicholas I'm so sorr-

Nicholas: enough of this will you do this for me?

Natasha: hey why is your voice like that of cause I'll do it for you

Nicholas: thanks you.

(End of flashback)

But now I know that Nicholas was wrong. Chloe doesn't pity him but loves him dearly but it just Nicholas pride talking.

I closed the door softly and just walked into the kitchen, grateful that Chloe brought groceries along so I can prepared Nicholas's dinner later because I know that he won't come out for lunch with the rate at which he's sleeping.

I just hope that my being there will not complicate things for them.

***************************

Hope you enjoyed the chapter

Vote. Comment. Share.