23

Chloe's POV.
I arrived with mark at Nicholas house at exactly 3:00pm with extra minutes to spare. I was in awe at the decorations. They were magnificent and the guest too. I was a little surprised because the guest were large in size and it looks like the outfit of the party was gold, white and black as the ladies were clad in white and gold with white and gold mask and the men were clad in black suit and gold tie." Wow", mark says to me and I just smiled. "I'll go and look for Natasha if you don't mind", I say to mark and then set off. After effortlessly searching in vain, I asked a maid nearby and she directed me to Natasha's room. I thanked her and knocked on the door. "Come in", a voice sounds from the interior and I did. "Chloe!, where have you been?" , Natasha says to me and I just stared at her apologetically. "Sorry got cut up at work,", I say to her and she just nods. "Here's your outfit put it on and the mask and I'll put mine on", she says to me and then we both changed into our dress and then applied light makeup.

I looked at my dress and gasped when I checked out my appearance in the full length mirror. My dress was a combination of white and gold and with my gold mask and Natasha's dress was gold and her mask was a combination  of white and gold.

Natasha's outfit.

After that we both went downstairs. I was grateful for the mask that was on my face because of the stares that evey body was giving us. I excused my self and went to meet mark because he wasn't wearing a mask.

"", mark says to me and I just smiled at him. "You're handsome too", I say to him and he just smiled.

I was about to ask him a question when the lights dimmed and everybody applauded as Chloe and a masked guys who I'm guessing is Nicholas took to the dance floor and just started dancing to a slow piano song. Soon  others joined them and me and mark also did. We danced as they switched  music but we had to stop when a man tapped marks shoulders and then mark let the masked man dance with me.

we kept moving but I tensed when the stranger bent towards my ear which later turned to shock when he spoke

"Of all the beauties in this room, they dull in comparison to you"

"Nicholas?", was the only reply I could get out before ………

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry about the Cliffhanger but it had to end here.

If you liked the chapter

Vote. Comment. Share. Thanks