13

Chloe's POV.

I opened my eyes and winced at the headache that started at the back of my head and then it all came back to me. The door slamming. The tyre screeching. the bash on the head. I looked around but could barely see anything, all I could figure out was that I was tied to a chair and nothing else."hello", I tried to make my voice firm but it only came out as a whisper. "Help", I say this time grateful that my voice was firm. I was about to try again when the light just abruptly came on and i had to shut my eyes against the pain. Few minutes later, I opened it again. "I'm glad you're awake. I was a little afraid you'll not wake anytime soon", a loud voice says from the top of a stairs. "Who are you?", I say to him as he walk down from the stairs to what I could identify as a basement, towards me.

 "Who are you?", I say to him as he walk down from the stairs to what I could identify as a basement, towards me

"Me?. I'm a private investigator" , he says to me and bend so that were eye level "there's someone who has been waiting patiently to meet you. I must say he's quite smitten by you even though it kind of your fault his brother was killed", he days to me and realization hit me. "Nicholas?", I say hopefully but my hope died when he shook his head. "Nicholas?, no but i must say he's loosing his mind over finding you", he says to me and my eyebrows lifted. If it isn't Nicholas, then who?. "It's not Nicholas, its my boss actually", he says to me and unties my rope. "Don't try anything stupid okay", he says to me and leads me up the stairs. "Sit here, I'll go get you something to eat", he says and then walks into another room. I quickly rush to the door and tried it but it was locked, I looked out the window and saw nothing but trees and grasses, no roads. No nothing. I felt footsteps heading my way, so I quickly returned to my seat. "Here eat this, the boss says that you must be well fed", he says to me and my mouth watered at the sight

 "Here eat this, the boss says that you must be well fed", he says to me and my mouth watered at the sight

"Thank you",I say to him and within minutes, I finished the food and drank the juice he offered me. After that we just stayed silent until his phone rang and judging by his fearful expression, I knew that it was his boss. "Hello sir, yes she's awake, she has eaten, I'll bring her to you soon", he says into the receiver and cut the line. "It looks like my boss is really eager to have you in his arms", he says to me smirking which caused me to shiver. he  suddenly brought out  a syringe from his back pocket. "Its time Chloe", he says to me and then moves towards me which caused me to move from the chair towards the door. "Look I'll stay silent please", I say to him but he just shook his head. "No can do sweetheart, the boss was not too happy when I smashed your head and he told me to look for a less painful method, so this is what I could come up with", he says to me and came to stand in front of me. I tried to move away but he was fast as he quickly subdue me and stick the needle in my neck and that was the last, I remembered before passing out.

Nicholas's POV.

Its been 32 hours and still no sign of Chloe. I don't care about revenge or anything just Chloe. I have found out that the private investigator is working for my enemy Javier and that he also has a hands in my brothers death. "Pack up boys we're visiting an old friend", I say to my men. "Who sir", one of the men says to me. "JAVIER", I say to them and smiled at the look of bloodshed and revenge in their eyes.

*

.

.*

..

Hope you enjoy this chapter

And pls comment