Chapter 15: Stranger

(A/N) Right, time to get a move on in the story... ;D

It was only when everything was silent that I understood the full weight of her words. No antidote? I slid down the other side of the door. Panic began to grow in me but I forced myself to take a breath. I had a few hours at least, she had given me the antidote just over six hours ago.

My eyes felt heavy and I let out my hair with a sigh, it cascading down my shoulders. Over the past month it had grown to the longest yet. It seemed to be a fashion, Angelines black hair went right down to her waist. I shook my head, why was I thinking about that right now?

I stood shakily and stumbled over to the bed, collapsing into it. Something was itching at me

Don't fall asleep Hayden!

Hayden don't you dare close your eyes...

I felt a thrill of dread. Would I wake up again? What a way to go honestly. Vampires existing. Despite myself I gave a smile. What a joke...

***

Was I alive? I could feel my head pounding. How long was I asleep?

My eyelids peeled back and I stared at the ceiling numbly. My mouth was so dry and everything seemed too loud in my ears. I raised my hand to my face heavily and rubbed the dried tears away.

I raised myself on my elbows and nearly buckled as pain came out of nowhere. What the hell was going on? What was wrong with Angeline? Why would she do this to me?

I sat up, fighting the wave of nausea. Water? I spotted a jug on the other side of the room and groaned.

My feet were cold against the floorboards, I couldn't hold my weight for long, just long enough to get some water.

I poured myself a glass but my hands were shaking so badly that I watched as it slid from my grip and fell with a smash, quickly followed onto to floor by me, my legs finally giving way.

"Angel...ine."

Angeline

There was no way that she was going to help that human until she was really struggling. Angeline sat on her bed, holding a single blue orb in her fingers. The vampire flinched as a crash came from the other room, then her name was muttered.

"Hayden.... Are you okay?" Angeline cursed herself for being so compassionate sometimes.

"Please..." It was like Hayden knew that Angeline was listening. "I'm sorry."

Angeline closed her eyes.

"I don't want to die." Her voice was gradually growing weaker.

It was like a different person, Angeline knelt down and rolled the tiny orb under the door

There was a moment of silence, then another thump. Panicked, Angeline unlocked the door. Did she get it in time? Angeline threw open the door to see Hayden sprawled across the floor, unconscious.

"Hayden?" She checked the younger girl's breathing and felt her forehead.

Sighing in relief, the princess lifted up the human easily and placed her onto her bed, then exited the room as quickly as she appeared.

***

Hayden

When I again opened my eyes I was blinded by the sun and could hear the birds chirping in the distance outside.

I winced, throwing back the covers. How did I get back in bed?

My door was closed but I padded softly over to it. I had to make sure.