Chapter 4: "This Might Hurt"

Just as my shoulders were begging for mercy and I was starting to get crappy. Angeline stopped and turned down a gravel road. We had caught a bus that had taken us practically in the middle of no where. Angeline led the way through the trees and I called out in annoyance. " How much further? My arms are killing me!"

"We're nearly there" she smiled at me and I sighed. We walked around a bend and I gasped, there like a part of the landscape, was a beautiful four story 19th century house. I stared at it for a few minutes in awe, then remembered why we where there, I turned to Angeline, who had a small smile on the face, like she had known my reaction and had been waiting for it for the entire day.

"What is this place?" I asked in a hushed voice, "I've been to your house, why are we here?"

She grinned, "this house has been in my family for generations, my mother and father just told me that I would be inheriting the land for my 18th birthday," her tone was excitable and slightly curious, like she was waiting for my reaction.

"It's beautiful."

"That it is, now, are we just going to stand here like idiots, or are we going to go in?"

***

Angeline sat on the bench in the kitchen which looked as though a servant was going to come in at any moment and serve us tea. I almost laughed. she looked so apart in these surroundings, I could imagine her wearing a ball gown, and with curled hair. I shook my head and looked around for some medical supplies. "I don't suppose you know if there's any?" Angeline pointed towards one of the doors and smiled, "I think there's some in there, I came here last Sunday with my parents."

I walked through the door and found my self in a hallway next to a cupboard. When I came back in I went to the fridge to check if there were any cold packs. I frowned, milk?

"Hey Angel? When was the last time you came here again?"

"Last Sunday, I didn't think I would come back in quite a while."

I frowned, that didn't seem right, I closed the fridge and walked back to her, placing the cold pack on the bench and grabbed a tissue. "This might hurt." I dabbed the tissue in some water and held it to her cheekbone. She winced.

"Sorry! Sorry" I turned to put the tissue in the bin.

"No Hayden, I'm the one whose sorry,"

I turned back, "what do you-"

Angeline was standing right behind me and before I could finish my sentence she smacked my head into the wall.