cold ❀ twenty one

❀🌨❀

[年齢 16/15] (1/?)

joshua: i miss your kisses and your smile and your hugs and your playful attitude and everything else about you
i miss you
i miss you so much

tyler smiled at his phone.

it surprises me how much dedication you put into talking to me like this everyday

you don't have to if you don't want you, you've done it since i left during january.

joshua smiled when a notification popped in his phone, but stopped smiling as he read the two.

joshua: if you really didn't want me to talk to you like this, then you would have taken your ring off a long time ago.

joshua was right. tyler was still wearing the promise ring that josh gave to him. he managed to fool his parents that he had just found it on the ground in the set, and thought it was a dropped prop, but only him and joshua knew the truth.

it made it all the more special.

facetime me

not even a minute later tyler's phone began to ring. tyler had to answer quickly, since the ringer was on and his mom was still unaware of his cell phone. but as soon as he was met with a pitch black screen, he knew something was wrong.

"josh, why is it blank?"

"i don't want you to see me like this, baby."

"josh what's wrong? why can't i see you?"

"i'm not showing my face to you."

"why not? you're making me nervous.."

"you'll be even more nervous if i do, tyler. it's not good. i really shouldn't have called." josh rarely called tyler by his name anymore.

"if you don't show me your face right now, i'm not speaking to you until you do."

there was silence at the end of the line for a couple seconds and tyler could feel tears brimming in his eyes. he was scared. he hated being scared, even a little bit.

"bye, then."

tyler hung up, instantly hearing his phone ring again with a text notification, which he didn't look at. he simply tucked his head in his (or joshua's) sweatshirt sleeve, and cried on his bed from worry. he also thought he cried to much, and it just pissed him off more to ironically cry.

it's been about three hours since tyler's looked at his phone. he was so tempted to reach over and grab it, especially since his phone was ringing almost every ten minutes from josh either calling him, texting him, or leaving him a voicemail.

he was simply sitting in his bed looking at the ceiling and listening to music from his boombox he got for his birthday last year.

when there was another alert from his phone, tyler finally had enough and read what he said.

joshua: i got into a fight

tyler's eyes widened along with his jaw dropping.

joshua: it looks really bad and i don't want you to see me like this
i love you please respond to me
i won't be able to take this for much longer than an hour, baby i swear
please respond to me baby i need you

there were also over ten voicemails in tyler's inbox, let alone the amount of calls without a message.

why didn't you say so before then
why did you let me think the worse like maybe you're face got burnt off in a fire or you have hickies from some girl from your school or something worse
josh you better show me or i'll stop talking

joshua: i don't want you to worry about it
it's just embarrassing showing the boy you love that you fought someone else. especially since i know you hate violence.

the only thing i'm worried about right now is when i can see your face again and i want to see it right now
i'm not kidding

tyler hated being mad, just as bad as he hated being the cause of anger. it gave him a headache and it made him cry.

the next thing the poor boy knew, he got a picture of joshua's face.

tyler put his hand on his mouth, in shock, once again, seeing that joshua had a busted lip and a bruised eye. there were scratches on his nose and across his pale cheeks, not to mention that josh felt so much guilt that he didn't even look at the camera. he closed his eyes.

answer and i want to see your face

joshua did answer tyler's facetime call. he showed his face as well, but still didn't look at the camera in shame.

"josh, what were you thinking?" his voice was cracking, "did this happen today?"

josh nodded his head in shame, tempted to hang up on the boy, but he knew that would make it worse.

"why?"

joshua's shirt was off and tyler was trying to still stay mad.

"it's just.." he was hesitating, and he blushed a bit, "i was with some friends a-and we were talking and some kid said something they shouldn't and," joshua pointed to his face.

"what in the world were they talking about to make you so mad?"

josh paused, ".. you."

tyler's expression softened, and he huffed, crossed his arms, and looked away.

"they were saying really bad stuff.. and nasty stuff about you, and they didn't have the right to say all that stuff," josh was getting mad and tyler could tell. the only other time tyler saw that look on his face was when he talked back to his dad, and he told tyler they got into a fight the night of.

it was awful.

"joshua," tyler said sweetly, calming joshua down almost instantly, "i'm fifteen. i can fight my own battles."

"excuse me, but you better not let another person fucking touch that beautiful face of yours."

tyler rolled his eyes with a grin on his face.

"i missed you."

"i missed you too, baby."

though they didn't talk for mere hours it felt like forever.

and forever is all they wanted with each other.

❀🌨❀