cold ❀ seventeen

❀🌨❀

[年齢 15/15] (2/?)

"where the heck is ryan then?" joshua asked, sat next to the love of his life in a tight fitting booth at a diner across the street from his house. he could sit across from joshua but he preferred to be closer.

"he went with his friend patty out somewhere. they didn't tell me where," tyler said.

about a week after the fight with his mom, tyler's mother had bought him plane tickets to california again to see his father before the court case closes. depending on how well tyler feels around the time, he gets to decide whose custody he's on. including split custody.

he's staying in california for the rest of winter break, and he left the day it started.

but right now, he's with joshua, telling his father that him and ryan were going out. but ryan left to go on a date with patrick, one of josh's friends who he used in the same exact excuse to see each other. it's genius, really.

"should he have come?" tyler asked joshua. he had given joshua's sweatshirt back, and he told him to wear it so it'd smell like him again. josh had just laughed but wore it nonetheless. tyler was wearing a simple baby blue sweater with skinny jeans and platformed white converse.

"nope," joshua said, putting his arm around tyler's shoulders, tyler thinking no mind of it because of his own ways of affection, "he'd ruin the magic."

tyler scrunched up his face in both embarrassment and fake disgust, "what magic?" his face was pink.

"i think you know just as well as i do," joshua teased, leaning his face closer to his with a smirk. tyler looked to joshua's lips, but looked away with a flustered tone.

"josh, why do you try so hard?" he asked. it was a serious question, because he honestly had no idea why joshua would try so hard with the distance they had and the way tyler just keeps saying no.

joshua moved away from tyler's face, getting the point pretty easily.

"i don't think you want to know, tyler," joshua said, sipping from his soda. "i think you'd be mad."

tyler furrowed his eyebrows. "what do you mean?" his cheeks were still recovering from what had almost just happened, tyler tapping his foot on the ground to calm his nerves.

"the reason i try so hard is because i'm madly in love with you and i will try everything in my power to make you love me back," joshua said. he looked tyler straight in the eyes as he said it with no hesitation, making tyler's stomach butterflies appear. tyler bit his lip and looked down at his tapping leg. "and i just like to love you," joshua said like it was nothing. to him it was nothing to say i love you to tyler. he could say it all day to tyler if he would let him.

he loved tyler with all his heart and has since he was little.

"stop it," tyler mumbled lightly, "just stop."

joshua's smile faltered but didn't disappear. "okay. i'll stop. but please tell me when i can start again, so i can make up the lost time of showing my love for you."

the rest of the night was filled with giggles and jokes, though when tyler got home, the side of his sweater was stained with tiny droplets of blood from how much he pinched the side of his stomach.