cold ❀ eleven

❀🌨❀

[年齢 14/14] (1/?)

"i don't think she likes me much," tyler sighed, leaning his rose tinted cheek against the palm of his hand. "i'm not worried about it. she's had a grudge against me since we were little. i don't need anymore friends anyways. it's kind of annoying that i ramble isn't it?"

"nah, i'm used to it," brendon replied, using his plastic fork to stab a baby carrot. "and she isn't shit if she doesn't like you. how couldn't she? you're as mean as a fucking butterfly."

"watch your mouth," tyler snapped, "and i don't have a crush on her or anything, i just don't like that she doesn't like me at all. i feel bad." tyler ate his spoon of pudding.

"not everyone is going to like you tyler, that's just life." brendon smiled, "but ignore those haters. you're perfect just the way you are. you don't need them, especially since you have me."

tyler smiled back, "thank you, bren." he turned his head and kissed his cheek. they were only best friends, but brendon didn't care, and tyler didn't know any better, since he is too affectionate. he's been too affectionate all his life. "i love you."

"love you too."

"when are you coming back?" tyler asked through his telephone, holding it with both hands and a face full of sorrow. "it's been months."

"i'm sorry, bud," his father sighed over the phone, "mr. ross is letting me stay in his house for a while, while we work on this movie still. i'm staying longer because it's a movie and not a show."

"o-oh," tyler said, looking at his feet against his chair. "but when are you coming back?"

his father stayed silent on the line for a moment. "is it that you want to see me buddy?"

"yes," tyler said, "and momma's getting sad these days. she keeps saying how much she misses you." the tears welling up in his eyes were wiped away with his fingers, "she cries too."

his father didn't say anything for the longest time. tyler almost asked if he was still there before he spoke.

"would you like to come out here in california for a while?"

tyler's lips turned to a small smile. "could momma come this time? i don't want her to get lonely."

he heard his father sigh and tyler grabbed the cord and wrapped it around his fingers tightly, his smile slowly fading. "you could ask, but i doubt she'll want to go."

"o-okay," tyler said lightly. he wasn't stupid, he was simply innocent. "i love you, daddy."

"love you too, tyler. goodnight."

with that tyler put his phone back onto the receiver, lightly tugging on the hem of his light pink shirt.

before he could stand his phone started ringing once again. he sat down on his padded wooden chair quickly, not letting it ring because of his mother's slumber, and held it to his ear.

"hello?"

"hi," tyler recognized the voice, and it made his heart swell and his eyes widen, "tyler?"