COLD ❀ FIVE

Song: Lego House - Ed Sheeran

❀🌨❀

[年齢 10/9]

"It's not cold anymore, Joshie," Tyler said to the bright red haired boy who lives across the street, but is only a step away now.

"I know, Ty-Ty," Joshua said, leaning closer to the smaller boy and sneakily placing his hand atop of the other's. Tyler didn't mind; He loved it in fact. "It'll be cold soon enough. It's already fall."

Tyler told his father he was going outside with Brendon in the park, but in all honesty, he was going out to see Joshua without a street dividing them for the very first time. Tyler just knew that his father would never let him see Joshua for any reason, but his father had always adored Brendon. Tyler just never really thought about seeing Joshua closer until he had asked the brunette this morning to meet up.

The two were sitting on the park grass after a prolonged hug of being able to touch each other for the first time. They didn't mind the leaves falling down quickly around them or the fact that the dirt would get on their jackets.

They couldn't care at all as long as they were with each other.

"I know," he said, "but I like the snow."

"Me too, Ty-Ty. It's nice."

Tyler looked to Joshua, his curly red hair flying wherever it wanted to in a way that made it look just right somehow. Josh's eyes were glued to the autumn tree right above their heads, watching the beautiful multi-colored leaves fall from it like rain and snow, and land in the grass soothingly and gentle.

"Hey, Josh!" Tyler heard, snapping him out of his happiness and a frown starting to form while Josh just had a smile.

"Hey, Ashley," Josh replied to the girl. Tyler didn't move as Ashley sat next to Josh on the other side of him, his hand being taken off Tyler's to wrap his arms around his legs.

Tyler's hand felt cold.

Tyler didn't sit on the ledge that night.

He was so little, he didn't know what to think.

Having feelings for someone is a brand new emotion to a nine year old.

"Tyler, honey, what's wrong?" his mother asked as he noticed her son's lack of energy. The boy was usually all sunshine and giggles in mid day, but all Tyler was doing was sulking in his bed staring at a wall and thinking.

His loving mother ran her fingers through the young one's hair, the boy just covering his face with his purple long sleeved jacket and the pillow underneath it. "Nothing, Momma. I'm tired."

Tyler's mom wasn't stupid. She knew that something was wrong, and was concerned since her and her only son had an intense connection with each other. They never lied, and they never kept anything from each other. They were always fourth-coming.

"Did something happen with Brendon at the park?" she asked her son, concern lacing in her voice as she rubbed his back.

"No, Momma. I just woke up early."

Tyler's mother sighed silently, looking at Tyler's squeezed shut eyes and his tight grasp on his pillow. "Alright, Tyler. Sweet dreams."

A single dripped from Tyelr's eyes as she left the room. It was too overwhelming for him. "Goodnight, Momma."

❀🌨❀