cold ❀ nine

❀🌨❀

[年齢 14/13] (pt. ⅔)

"ten reasons on why i should get over josh dun?" melanie read aloud with a questionable tone. "what the hell did you just give me?"

"language," tyler said, "and you were right, mel. i like josh. i've actually liked him for probably a couple years."

melanie's face lit up at tyler admitting his love for josh, squealing and wrapping her arms around him. "awe, tyler!"

"stop!" tyler squeaked, burying his red face in his sweater paw covered hands. melanie was still smiling when she let go of him.

"tyler! this is so good! finally you've admitted it!"

"yeah, yeah, whatever," tyler said into his hands, gently rubbing his eyes afterwards with the smooth fabric of his sweater.

"not whatever! you need to call josh!" melanie said, pulling at his hands to make him show his face.

"i don't wanna call josh!" tyler squealed. embarrassment flooding his cheeks, regret filling his mind about telling melanie about liking josh. because she could easily tell josh with a couple dials on a phone.

"too bad," melanie said with a sweet and teasing tone, getting a permanent marker out of her purse and grabbing tyler's arm forcefully. she pulled the cap of with her teeth and kept it there as she began scribbling numbers onto his arm with blue ink.

tyler rolled his eyes at her. "even if you tell me the number, i'm not gonna call him."

"yes, you are," she replied, putting the cap back on, "even if you say you won't, you will. you won't be able to resist."

tyler couldn't take his hand off the phone.

he wouldn't lift it up either.

tyler was simply staring at the phone then back at his arm and visa versa. he memorized his number now, because he wouldn't stop staring at it.

tyler accidentally yelped when the phone began to ring, jerking his hand back for a second and closing his eyes from the sudden fear.

he sighed before picking up the phone and lifting it to his ear. "h-hello?"

"hey, bud."

"daddy!" tyler smiled wide, doe eyes averting to his pastel pink wall as he imagined where his father was. he was gone for only a short amount of time this time. "how is it in california?"

"it's great, ty. thanks for asking." tyler sat back in his seat, running his nimble fingers through the loops in the telephone cord. "now listen, i have an offer for you. but if your mother says no, then you can't take it. but.."

tyler gasped.

"momma!"

"i'll miss you, bren," tyler said, giving brendon a death grip with his hug and a small kiss on his cheek. the boy was too affectionate for his own good.

"it's only until school starts tyler," brendon laughed, "it's only like, two months."

"two months without seeing my best friend, is two months too long," the smaller boy giggled, fixing his overall strap and watching as his father put tyler's suitcase into their cab.

"i swear to god if you're only going for josh though i'm gonna smack you," brendon laughed.

tyler's smile slowly began to fade. "what do you mean? josh is in hollywood."

"i have a feeling you're gonna fail geography next year," brendon sighed, "hollywood is in cali."

"oh."

❀🌨❀