James Imagine

Authors Note~ So, I'm just kind of bored....But I guess this is positive for you guys! Enjoy! :) P.S. I would normally put (F/N) for friend's name, but I'm feeling a bit lazy, and I think that just makes it more confusing. So I just made up a name this time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just Imagine....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You sat with your back against the front of the couch at your best friend's apartment. Well, your guy best friend. You were scrolling through Netflix, trying to find a movie to watch while James was getting snacks and drinks from his kitchen.

"Hey," he stopped in front of you, blocking the screen, "water or juice pouches?"

"James, we're not little kids."

"You love juice pouches!"

"Not today."

"Water it is then...." He continued to stand in front of you, and you noticed he seemed to be examining you.

"Something wrong, or do you just like what you see?" You looked up with a straight, serious expression as you watched him laugh and shake his head.

"It's just.....You've been moping around, avoiding fun or anything happy. You won't even play with Fox, who I know you absolutely adore almost as much as I do. The other day you turned down a day at the beach, then a trip to our favorite ice cream shop to sit here and watch movies. And you've been turning down staying the night and having sleepovers like we used to."

You just stared at him. "And?"

"I know it's not a guy, (Y/N). Because one, you tell me everything, and you have not mentioned having a crush on a guy for months now. And two, you haven't been in a relationship for almost 2 years, and when that jerk broke your heart you swore you were done with men and their games. Even though I still take a little offense to that, I do understand."

"So...."

"So, if it's not a guy, you haven't complained about your job so it's not that, I haven't heard about any family turmoil, and you seem healthy....It can only be one thing."

"And what's that?"

"The only other person you spend a lot of time with...It's Julie, isn't it?"

"Why would it have to do with her?" You looked down, knowing he caught you.

"It is her! What happened?"

"Nothing, just go get the snacks. I'm hungry!"

"Tell me, (Y/N)."

"Fine!" You threw your hands up in defeat. "Ever since she moved in with her new boyfriend she has been ignoring me. I mean, she is still online all the time, which is how we normally talk because her cell gets horrible service anywhere, but she doesn't respond! I can see when she sees the messages, but she ignores everything! And I've tried letting her know how I feel, but it doesn't work. We haven't seen each other in person for over a month now, and that wouldn't be nearly as big of an issue if she would just talk to me and not shut me out. I don't know if she's bored with me, or if I annoy her, or what, but it would be nice if I could just know why if she's going to continue to ignore me."

"I'm sorry she's being that way, but you will always have me."

"I know that, James. But, it's just....you're not--"

"A girl. I get it. But you still have me! You will never lose me, no matter how hard you try, and it seems like you've been trying pretty hard lately."

"I have not been trying to get rid of you!"

"All we do is sit and watch movies, and whenever I try to talk to you about anything you shut me out. So yes, it seems like you have been."