Carlos Imagine

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Carlos Imagine

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A few of your friends talked you into going to a karaoke club a few towns over. You were reluctant because you aren't confident with your voice, and you knew they would drag you up to the microphone if they had to. 

"I'm not singing you guys!" You exclaim as your friend pulls into the parking lot. 

"Yes (Y/N), you are going to sing! You'll do great -- you always do!" 

"No, I won't, and I don't! Why do you guys keep dragging me here anyway?" 

"Hey! You never know (Y/N), one day you may find a really nice guy here! Then maybe you'll listen to him when he says you have an amazing voice because you don't listen to us." 

"That's because I don't, (F/N)." You cross your arms over your chest and hang your head as you walk into the club with your friends. 

"Ah! You're back! So nice to see you all again!" The owner exclaims as he sees you walk in with your friends. "(Y/N), will you be singing for us tonight?" He asks you with a smile on his face. 

"Ummm, I don't know. . .probably not--" One of your friends elbows you in the side. You wince in pain before changing your answer, "well, maybe. . ."  

"Great! When do you want to sing?" 

"Ummm, I don't know. Maybe ten minutes so I have time to pick a song." 

"Great, I'll go tell Joey!" 

"Oh! Joey is doing the karaoke tonight?" One of your friends asked. You laughed because you knew she had a crush on him, and she always got excited when he was operating the karaoke system.

"Yes, and (Y/N), you better pick out a song soon. Ten minutes will go by faster than you think." The owner smiled and walked away. 

"What are you going to sing, (Y/N)?" One of your friends asked. 

"Ummm, not sure yet. . ." You answer as you walk to a table to sit down. 

"Well, you have to know before you get up there." 

"No, not really. . .I'll just tell Joey the name of the song that feels right at the moment and sing it. Seeing as none of you will give me a choice." 

"(Y/N), you know we love you! But you have to stop being so scared and believe in yourself a little more."

You roll your eyes as you look around the club. It seems busier tonight than it usually is. Not by much, but still busy. And there are several people you don't recognize. It's very rare for that many new people to come into this particular club at one time, and that's why you always felt a little more comfortable singing here. The new faces, however, were making you nervous. 

"Do I have to?" You whined. 

"You already told him you would, and you have like three minutes left before it's your turn to go up there." 

"Ugh! Why do you guys do this to me!?" 

"Because we love you! Now just deal with it! It looks like Joey is waving you over. Go!" The friend you were sitting next to nudged you up and out of your seat. You slowly walk over to Joey, too nervous to think. 

"Hey, (Y/N)! What will it be tonight?" He asks you with a smile. 

"Ummm. . .I don't know Joey, I don't really want to sing tonight. . ." 

"You will do fine! Will it be one of the usuals, or are you going to do something different?" 

"Uh, I think I'll shake it up a little bit. . .you got those new songs I asked for, right?"