James Imagine

Authors Note: And here we go again! James' turn! :) Enjoy! :D AND TO BE CLEAR IN THIS IMAGINE I MENTION THE WORLD TOUR BUT AS OF RIGHT NOW WHAT I MENTION ABOUT IT IS NOT REAL. I REPEAT, NOT REAL. SO DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT, CAUSE IT'S NOT REAL. I WISH IT WAS, BUT IT'S NOT. OK. I'M DONE YELLING NOW.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just Imagine....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey there boy! What's up?" You asked as Fox hopped up on the couch with you. He shoved his face under your arm and tried to lift it; his signature move for wanting to get in your lap.

You laughed and held your arm down. "Not right now, Fox. I'm busy on here." You said, pointing to your laptop screen with your free hand. He continued to try and lift your arm, and you finally gave in, placing your laptop on the coffee table. You patted your leg, giving him permission to get in your lap, and he did so. He nuzzled his face on your chest and looked up at you with sad eyes.

"Oh, Fox...." You began as you rubbed your hand along his back. "I know, boy. I miss daddy too, but he will be home sooner than you think!" You tried to use your matter-of-fact voice, but it didn't work. 

James and the guys had been on their World Tour, and possibly their last tour even though nothing has been made certain yet, for 4 months now. They've been everywhere you could possibly imagine. But now, it should be any day. James should be home any day now. They were supposed to make a few stops at major radio stations on the way home, which would only take a few days, then they would be free nearly all summer. And this, you couldn't wait for. To finally have James to yourself for a long period of time. To sleep in until noon, laying in his arms. Bake cookies, watch movies, maybe even have that Harry Potter marathon you two had been talking about for so long. Yes, a non-stop Harry Potter marathon. But until he gets back, those are just ideas, just wishes for the future.

You feel something wet on your face, and look to find Fox licking it, clearly begging for attention.

"I know, Fox. I know, trust me...." You began to pet his back again as you felt your eyes begin to fill with tears. It had been so long since you felt James' touch. So long since you felt safe in his embrace. So long since you looked into his kind eyes. 

With tears falling down your cheeks, you decided to get up and take a shower. It was only 7, but you figured getting ready for bed a bit early wouldn't hurt any.  You picked Fox up and sat him on the ground, letting him wander off somewhere else as you shut down your laptop. As you got up, you couldn't help but imagine what would be happening if James was here. Maybe a movie night, something that happened frequently. Maybe he would take you out to a nice dinner after being gone so long, even though all you long for is his touch. Even if all you two did the day he got back was lay in bed in each other's arms all day, you would be happy. Just to have him there would make everything better.

You went to the bedroom, and walked into the closet. It was rather bare, as it had been for nearly 4 months now since James had cleared out his many clothes for tour. He left a few things without telling you. You think back to the phone call right after he left....

~~~~

"Hey babe, what's up? I just left the apartment like 15 minutes ago...." James chuckled, and you smiled.

"Yeah, I know...." You paused and rubbed your hand along the seam of one of James' favorite shirts. The same shirt he was wearing just before he left, but he must have decided it didn't go with the jacket he kept out to wear at the last minute. "But, James, you left your favorite shirt here."

"I know." You could hear the smile in his voice, and you too smiled and shook your head. Now you knew, but you wanted to hear him say it.

"Well, why did you leave it?"