Chapter 1.

"Alright CiCi we’re about to leave. Remember I don’t want any one in here while were gone." My dad said as he put his coat on.

"I know the rules dad," I said a little irritated at the fact that they were so over protective. I mean I was 16, I could handle myself.

"CiCi, mind your father, we’ll be back either tomorrow afternoon or tomorrow night. Alright?" My mother said getting her bag from the back.

"Alright mom. But dad can Bianca come over you know I don’t like being here alone." I said giving him the puppy eyes which always worked.

"Okay. I'd rather someone be here with you any way." He said picking up his keys. "Alright CiCi were leaving."

"Bye mom. Bye dad." I said giving them a hug and kiss.

The door shut and my phone instantly started to ring. Ironic, it was my best friend, Bianca.

"Hello?"

"Hey CiCi. What’s up"

"Nothing.”

“Are the rents gone? Can I come over?"

"Yup and make sure to bring clothes you’re spending the night."

"I knew that much. I'm getting on the 23 now. By the way, what do your parents do that makes them always leave?"

"Girl you know I don’t know. Whenever I ask they don't answer me and just brush it off."

"Well, I’ll see you in a few. This girl just bumped me and she didn't say sorry so I got to go. But make sure you ready to walk down to the Chinese corner store because I’m hungry"

Then the phone line went dead.  Man that girl was something else, but I loved her nonetheless. She had a point though as I sat on the couch and turned on the plasma T.V. I really didn’t know what my parents did. all I knew was that they always brought home the cheddar. We lived in the ghetto but if you came into our house you wouldn’t think so. The outside didn’t look good but the inside was something to see. Not really rich but looked good in my taste.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

I knew instantly that it was Bianca as she had her own style of knocking and it drove my dad crazy. I always laughed when he would tell her not to do that. I opened the door and she came in.

"CiCi! Girl! There are some fine boys around the store, let’s go."

"Wait let me change."

"Girl you look fine. Throw on some uggs and you’re good." She said looking me up and down. I had on a long sleeve white V-neck shirt with some tight black skinnies on.

"Alright. let me grab my house keys and we can go."

"Don’t forget your phone."

"Never that."

After I threw on some black uggs we headed out to the store. She was right, there were boys out tonight but none of them was my type. It wasn’t that they weren’t cute, but they had too much of an ego for me. We walked in and my eyes were instantly fixed on this light skin boy. From what I could see he was tatted all over his arm and with that V-neck shirt his chest looked like it was too.

I walked over to the counter while Bianca found someone to chat it up with.

"May I help you?" The little Chinese lady said.

"Yes. Can I get two orders of popcorn chicken with hot sauce and 2 sprites?”

"That will be $9.55."