Chapter 28

This is not an update!

Hehehe, just kidding :P

^ That was probably a fail. xD

My eyes fluttered opened lightly to a golden hue of sunlight peering in through my windows. Instantly, my eyes squinted and I rapidly blinked to adjust to my bright surroundings. I could feel the warmth of someone’s arm wrapped around me comfortably. I looked up to see a peaceful Ethan sleeping with his mouth slightly open, making him look cuter than usual.

Suddenly, the realization dawned on me and my eyes widened a fraction. What was he still doing here?!

I jerked upright but that didn’t seem to bother Ethan in any way. We were comfortably entangled together on my bay window. I tried to wriggle myself out of his embrace but failed miserably. Frustrated, I sighed and looked up at him. He looked adorable with his hair sticking out in different directions messily. The sunlight was causing his eyelashes to cast light shadows under his eyes.

“Ethan,” I whispered with urgency.

“Ethan,” I repeated when he didn’t budge.

I poked him and continued till he finally moaned and opened his eyes. Hearing him moan cutely like a little kid on a Saturday morning was music to my ears. He rubbed his eyes with the back of his hands and yawned.

“You have to leave before my mom wakes up,” I said.

“Good morning to you too,” he replied, giving me a lazy grin.

“Ethan, I’m serious. If my mom sees your car in the driveway, she's going to drown me with her questions. Especially after...yesterday," I said, pointing at his car parked right in front of the house.

“Relax,” he mumbled.

“Ethan, you have to go,” I insisted, getting off the window clumsily and grabbed his hand, nudging him.

Instead, he pulled me towards him and gently pressed his lips on mine. I mentally rolled my eyes for kissing him back. My aim was to get him out of my house. Not kiss him.

Pulling away, he rested his head on my forehead. 

“Morning, beautiful,” he breathed on my lower lip.

I smiled as my eyes slowly shut. “Morning.”

“Now, leave,” I instructed when my mind flicked back to my mom and her snoring in her room.

He chuckled lightly as he finally got up. Walking over to my door, I opened it and stuck my head into the hallway to make sure that my mom wasn’t there. Observing that the house was silent, I turned back to Ethan, who was standing right behind me with his lower lip jutted out cutely. Rolling my eyes, I grabbed his toned arm and pulled him behind me down the stairs.

“Ash?” he whispered, his voice leaving a soft echo in the quiet house.

“Shh!” I turned to face him and almost fell because he was too close to me. He grabbed me by the wrists and pulled me towards him, saving me from my embarrassing fall.

I exhaled. “Thanks.”

“Like I always say, I’m here to protect you,” he whispered, staring deeply into my eyes.

I felt my cheeks turn scarlet. He grinned, shaking his head.

“It’s so easy to make you blush,” he said, chuckling silently.

Narrowing my eyes, I turned away from him. “No, it’s not,” I mumbled.

“Let’s just hope that your cute blush only exists because of me,” he whispered in my ear.