Chapter 15

"My love! My wife! Forgive me, dear Juliet."

I felt vibrations pass throughout my body. I tried to control my laugher but I just couldn't. I got up laughing loudly. Yes, I know there's nothing funny but when you're pretending to be dead, it's hard to be serious. Michael glared at me for a moment but started laughing as well; he collapsed down next to me.

"Come on! This is a very intense scene!" Mr. Ambrose insisted, "You can't just fool around like that."

Mr. Ambrose getting pissed at us is not something new. He is tired of correcting us and trying to make us act more seriously. There was this one time where he threatened to replace us and that's when Michael and I actually acted seriously and Mr. Ambrose was impressed again.

"I know. We're sorry. It's just hard to do it seriously," I told him.

Mr. Ambrose just gave me a glare and walked towards his assistant to discuss something I definitely didn't care about.

"Sorry about that," I told Michael.

He just chuckled, "It's alright. Mr. Ambrose is just nervous, the play is in like two days and we're not exactly co-operating."

"Guys! We're going to be having a costume rehearsal today!" Abby exclaimed, skipping towards us and sitting next to Michael.

"What! No! Isn't it bad enough that I am Romeo and now I have to wear weird, baggy, loose clothes?" Michael complained, throwing his hands in the air with frustration.

"What is he so mad about?" Ethan asked, sitting next to me, his minty cologne spreading a fresh scent around me.

"He has to dress up as Romeo," I said with a smirk.

"He's not the only one, you have to dress up as well," Abby told Ethan and gave him a cheeky smile.

"No!" Ethan responded, shooting me a glare which was clearly indicating 'this is your fault.' Hey, I was just trying to make Abby happy. It is not my fault that they're actually good at acting.

"You have to," Abby said, shrugging.

"Why doesn't Ash have an understudy?" Ethan complained.

"I don't know actually, maybe because there was no one good enough?" Abby suggested.

"Unfair," Ethan mumbled.

Mr. Ambrose clapped his hands twice. He always clapped his hands to grab attention. "Alright, the costumes for Romeo and Juliet are here, so I want Michael, Ethan and Ashley to try them on now. Apparently, the other costumes will be here later, so I guess we will be trying the rest tomorrow."

Michael and Abby started walking towards Mr. Ambrose. Ethan got up and offered me his hand. First thought that came to my mind was that he would grab my hand but then let me fall on my ass. I looked up at him and he was waiting for me with raised eyebrows. Trusting him, I placed my hand in his and he pulled me up.

Abby came running towards me, her high ponytail swinging, she was seriously cute. How can Michael not having feelings for her? She's funny, cute, hyper and understanding. What else does he want?

"This is what you're going to be wearing," Abby told me, handing me two dresses which were neatly ironed, "Let's go! Try it on! I want to see you in those dresses!"

Ethan laughed softly as Abby dragged me with her.

*

After a lot of difficulty, I finally managed to wear the white gown. I walked out carefully, trying to not trip and fall.

Abby gasped. "You look lovely."

I smiled at her. Walking over to the mirror, I stared at my reflection. The white dress looked absolutely gorgeous. The sleeves rested on me comfortably, making lovely loops around my arms. The colour white made me look elegant and classy; it contrasted well with my dark hair. My eyes seemed sharper and brighter as well.