Chapter 8

Ethan slowed down the van near a perfectly shaped sand dune. We were in the middle of nowhere, but somehow, I liked this place. It was quite creepy yet an amazing place for camping. Michael opened the door before the van even stopped and hopped out.

“So, what now?” Erica asked, pulling down her sunglasses from her hair to cover her eyes.

“We put up the tents,” Jared replied, shrugging.

“No, you guys put up the tent, we just wait,” I replied.

The guys chuckled and walked over to the trunk to remove our camping supplies. They walked over to a good spot and started putting up one tent while we got engaged in our conversation.

“Oh my god! I love you so much Ash. I’m here! Camping! With Michael!” Abby said in a high-pitched girly voice.

I grinned at her and said, “I love you too.”

“I totally feel the love guys,” Erica interrupted.

Laughing, Abby gave her a side hug.

“Michael is like your prime reason to come camping with us, isn’t it?” Erica asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

“No!” Abby replied firmly.

“Do you think we should help them? They haven’t even figured out how to read the manual yet,” Erica asked, squinting at the boys through her shades.

“Yeah, they’re never going to figure that thing out,” I said, getting out of the van and walking towards the boys with Abby and Erica.

“Felt bad for letting us work alone?” Jared asked while bending and picking up a pack of pegs.

“Nah, we just thought we have a better chance at manual than you do,” I replied, taking the instructions from Ethan’s hands.

I could feel Ethan’s gaze on me while I was reading the manual. Feeling a small blush take over my face, I turned and walked towards Abby. After forty-five minutes, we managed to put up the tents. We should have just slept in sleeping bags. It was getting more humid and hot.

"I think we should collect some timber for the bonfire," Michael suggested.

I nodded in agreement along with Ethan and Jared. The boys agreed and started walking deeper into the woods along with Michael trailing behind them.

"What if a bear comes out from the woods?" Erica asked creepily.

"Or," Abby added in one of her own scenarios. “The big bad wolf comes out of those creepy, dark trees?"

“Abby, isn’t that what Erica just said?” I asked.

"But that won't stop the wolf from coming and attacking us," Abby defended herself.

"Guys!" Erica yelled out for Jared, Ethan and Michael who were not that far.

"Oh my god, this is just absolutely lame," I said.

They stopped and turned behind. Jared raised his hand questioning what's wrong. I rolled my eyes.

"We're coming with you!" Abby yelled.

 "No! We're not!" I yelled. 

The guys stood there giving us confused looks. Erica and Abby started walking towards them while I groaned and followed them. Erica, Michael, Jared and Abby started walking but Ethan waited behind for me and I smiled at him.

Abby, Michael and Erica were laughing about something and couldn't stop myself from smiling; Abby and Michael looked really cute.

"What are you thinking about?" Ethan asked, looking down at me.