Chapter 2

Thank you so much for your support on the first chapter!
So, many people told me to slow things down, so, that's what i'm going to do :] Hope you like it! ^_^

After standing near my locker for what seemed like hours, I checked my timetable and went for my last lesson for the day.

Chemistry.

The hallway was sparsely populated; everyone had already gone for their classes.

I started walking and tried to recollect where I'd seen the Chemistry lab. It was one of the corner classes; I'd seen it on my way to Biology. I climbed the stairs quickly and walked towards the end of the hallway. After entering the class, I saw 17 pairs of eyes turn towards me. This was bad, I never liked being under the spotlight. But since I was new, this was definitely going to happen.

I tried ignoring each one of them and sat at an empty seat in the second row.

The boy next to me turned towards me and smiled. "Hi! I'm Jared, you must be new here."

"Yes and I'm Ashley," I replied with a small smile on my face.

"Ashley," he said, testing my name. "I like your name, quite common but it's still nice and I'm sorry but that seat is taken by someone."

"Oh, sorry, I'll just go sit somewhere else," I replied with a fake smile.

He smiled apologetically while I got off my chair and looked around the class. A table with two chairs in the last row was empty. I sighed and walked towards it. Throwing my bag to the floor, I sat on the chair and placed my chin on my palm.

The Chemistry teacher entered the class. He was a young man with a perfectly shaped beard. He noticed me and opened his mouth to say something when the doors flew open and a muscular boy came inside. He was the boy who was in the canteen. He was the boy I played with when I was young.

Ethan.

The teacher sighed as if it wasn't unusual to be late to class and Ethan walked towards me and my breath caught in my throat. He was absolutely gorgeous.

Wait a minute, why was he walking towards me?

And then realization hit me, the only empty chair was next to me. He was going to sit next to me. He sat on the chair next to me and relaxed.

After a quick introduction with the professor, Mr. Theze, we started the class.

"Ashley," I jumped a little as I heard my name come out as a whisper from the person sitting next to me.

I looked to my right and saw Ethan looking at me with a small smile on his face.

I raised my eyebrows at him indicating a 'what?'

"Nothing. Do you remember me?" he whispered.

"I do."

He grinned at me showing his perfectly straight, white teeth.

I decided it would be best to continue talking to him, I asked him the first thing that came to my mind. "Do you like Chemistry?"

He leaned closer to me and whispered, I could feel his breath fan my face and I shivered a little. "You mean this boring Chemistry with words?" he continued before I could answer. "Or this sizzling chemistry between us?"

I felt my cheeks getting warm and I knew I was blushing. I raised my eyebrows with a scowl to try to hide my blush.

"Nice try," I said and the smile on his face grew wider. My eyes took in every inch of his face with pleasure. I continued, "But you've got to try better than that to impress me."