Chapter 22

“You look good. Chill out, Ethan doesn’t really care about looks that much, anyway. He’s dated the most ridiculous girls,” Erica said while lying down on her bed and scrolling through my phone.

When I shot her a look, she said, “Not that I’m saying you’re ridiculous.”

I tilted my head and stared at myself. The dress was obviously much better on me. Recalling Ethan in the dress, I chuckled and my eyes widened when I realized that Erica had my phone with the pictures in it. Ethan would practically kill me if Erica saw the photograph.

“Um, Erica, what are you doing with my phone?” I asked, fluffing my already fluffed up hair.

“Just scrolling through Facebook,” she answered, shrugging. “It’s so boring.”

I relaxed a bit and nodded.                         

“I’m waiting for the day when Abby gets tired of Michael,” Erica said.

 I laughed. “Like that’s ever going to happen.”

She sighed and continued scrolling through my phone. 

"Oh my good lord," Erica said, gaping at my phone.

"What?" I asked. 

"Ethan in a dress," she said, letting her jaw drop. 

"Oh god, no! Please don't tease him or tell him you saw him in the dress," I pleaded.

She stared at me for a moment and started laughing. 

"Ethan looks much better than you in that dress," she said pointing at my dress. 

I sighed. She's not going to listen to me. Erica would grab every single opportunity she gets to make fun of Ethan or insult him. They were close when we were young. Ethan would come to the park with us and we would play tag. They would have 'special nights' where they would combine different food materials and eat it while watching a horror or comedy movie. Once, they combined gummy bears, salsa sauce and chocolate ice cream. Erica saved some for me and I almost puked when I plopped the disgusting mixture in my mouth. But now, things were different. They didn't get along that well. Erica's and Ethan's way of thinking changed; they started to disagree at almost everything. But deep down, I know both of them still care about each other. 

"Man, this is gold."

"No, it's not," I grumbled, ignoring her laughter.

She took a deep breath and wiped away the tears that had escaped her eyes while she was laughing like a maniac. I walked over to Erica's closet and grabbed her only pair of black pumps which Abby had gifted her but she never bothered wearing them. 

Erica’s phone started ringing and groaning, she picked it up.

“What?” she asked bluntly as she answered.

“What? Why?” she questioned.

“Who is it?” I asked, whispering.

“Ethan,” she mouthed.

“What’s he saying?” I asked quietly, sitting next to her.

Erica held up her finger, indicating me to wait. I sighed, raking my hand through my hair and wondering what Ethan was talking to Erica about. He hadn’t told me where he was taking me or what we were going to do. 

Groaning, she threw her phone on the bed.

“What?” I asked.

“I wanted to stay at home and sleep,” she grumbled.