Chapter 13

OMG! Thank you so much for your support! I can't believe that MBFB actually reached #198 in humor! This means so much to me! Thank you for reading, commenting, voting; it is really appreciated! <3

“Are you sure you’re fine with me being Juliet? I could talk to Mr. Ambrose,” I suggested.

“For the millionth time, I’m fine with it Ash,” Abby said, facing me.

“Are you sure?” I asked again.

She peered at me through her lashes.

“Okay, got the message,” I said with a closed-mouth smile.

“I’m actually quite pleased with my part in the play,” Abby stated, “At least I’m not one of the bad guys. Being the Nurse would be pretty cool.”

“True,” I agreed.

“I don’t understand why Erica is so different, she doesn’t like all of this; dressing up, dances, plays, musicals,” Abby said.

I nodded, “She’s just one of a kind; she would rather stay home in her jammies and watch the most boring movie than go to a dance, all dressed up and enjoy with her friends.”

Abby laughed, “Jammies, that’s a funny word for some reason. But yeah, I have to agree.”

“She’s like coal, it takes a long time to ignite but when she ignites, she burns the whole night,” I said.

 “Wow,” Abby breathed, “That was deep.” 

Entering the huge auditorium with tall pillars and a lighted stage, we walked towards Ethan and Michael.

“This is just so unfair!” Ethan groaned, “I have to remember all of these dialogues even though I am not Romeo!”

“You are, sort of,” Abby said, plopping down on a chair.

Ethan groaned and slouched on a chair.

“Absolutely dumb,” he mumbled with a huff.

“You might have to act as Romeo,” I said with a shrug.

“I don’t want to!” he exclaimed.

“At least you don’t actually have to perform on stage,” Michael said.

“I might have to!” Ethan responded.

“Or kiss Juliet,” Michael muttered.

I ignored this, pretending that I didn’t hear it. It was not like I was super-excited that I had to kiss a guy I considered as a really close friend. The kiss was going to be very awkward. Just the thought of playing Juliet with Michael felt wrong, on top of that, I have to kiss him? Could things get any better?

Ethan rolled his eyes and continued sulking.

“Come on Ethan! Cheer up! You came to this audition for a reason and now you have a responsibility that you have to fulfil!” Abby asserted.

Ethan stared at her quietly for a moment and then sighed, “Fine, I’ll learn the stupid lines.”

 Abby grinned proudly.

I glanced across the room and noticed there were actually quite a lot of people acting. I saw Chris standing amongst a few girls and smiled to myself.

 “Hey, I’ll be back in a minute,” I told them and started walking towards Chris.

Nearing him, I gave a bright smile when he glanced at me.

“Look who we have here! Ms. Juliet!” Chris announced.