Chapter 14

Oh goodness. No. Why am I so dumb and blur? I could actually punch a wall right now. First, the dinner with my dad and now, this! Why! Wondering what happened, aren't you? Let's rewind a bit.

Resting my chin on my palm, I sighed. I wasn't in the mood to eat. Is it really difficult for mom to understand that I am completely uncomfortable around dad?

"Hey Ash," I felt Jared sit next to me.

"Yeah?"

Besides, she could've waited to come back and then we could have gone for the dumb dinner together.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked.

"Yeah?"

Okay, maybe I am just exaggerating; it can't be that bad. It's just one dinner and Erica is going to be there too. Speaking of which, I have to talk to her about it.

"Are you even listening to me?" he exclaimed.

"Yeah?"

Oh my god. What if Erica refuses to come? She will definitely not be interested to come join me and my dad for an awkward dinner.

"Hey Ash, do you want to go out for a date tonight?" he asked.

"Yeah?"

"Great!" he patted my back, making my blurred vision return to its normal state.

"What's great?" I inquired.

He gave me a goofy grin.

"What? Tell me!" I insisted.

He shrugged, "I'll be picking you up at 6 for our date."

My eyebrows knit in confusion, "Wait, what?"

He nodded, "Be prepared for an amazing night, missy."

"Jared! I didn't even agree to go on a date with you!" I complained.

He raised a mystical brow and grinned, "You sure did. I'll see at 6."

"Jared!" I protested. But it was too late; he was already leaving the canteen. He looked behind, giving me a mischievous grin while shaking his head and chuckling; he left the canteen.

So here I am, annoyed. What does he think of himself? I'm not going on that stupid date with him. No way.

"Hey-why are you sitting there with a grumpy face?" Erica inquired, standing in the doorway.

"Stupid Jared," I grumbled.

She snorted, "What did he do?"

"He tricked me into going on a date with him! It's unfair! I wasn't even listening to him!" I explained.

"Date? With Jared?" she asked, suddenly gaining interest.

"Yes," I answered with a huff.

She started laughing and landed on my bed, sending vibrations. "Have fun"

"I'm not going," I stated firmly.

"Why?" she asked, frowning.

"Because I don't want to," I said.

She shrugged, "It's best if you don't anyway, I don't like Jared's love life much."

I stared at her for a minute but lost interest in the topic.

"Hello ladies," Abby said, squeezing between me and Erica. "What's up?"

"Ash is going on a date with Jared tonight," Erica answered.

"What?" Abby exclaimed.

"No, I'm not!" I denied.

"Why not?" Abby asked, frowning.