Chapter 4

I woke up and wanted sleep again but I forced myself to get off the bed.

After bathing, I was digging through my closet in my towel, I found a black mini skirt and a black leather jacket with boots; I just needed something to wear inside the jacket. After digging through some unpacked boxes, I found a loose white top and  put it on.

Letting my hair down naturally, I went downstairs and made myself a bowl of cereal. Mom was probably resting or dressing up; I went to her room and saw her dressed in a high-waist skirt with a lavender shirt tucked in.

She smiled and asked, "Something special today?"

"No," I replied with confusion.

"Well." She cleared her throat. "You dressed up."

I looked down at myself and smiled, "Yeah, I wanted to."

She smiled back and we both left the house.

*

I was putting my English and Math books in my bag when I got hugged by someone roughly from the back. I let a squeak escape my throat and looked behind. Abby.

"Abby! You scared me," I stated rolling my eyes.

She grinned.

I had barely known this girl for 3 days and yet we were close and friendly. I smiled at her and hugged her.

"You know that you still haven't introduced me to Michael," I said with a smile.

Her cheeks turned soft pink and my smile grew bigger. "Um, I don't really need to introduce him. He already knows you, I guess."

"No, he doesn't," I replied firmly.

She stuck her tongue out at me and we started walking. Erica was walking towards us with a smile on her face. She stopped to hug us and then started walking to her locker while Abby and I followed her. Abby was talking to me about Michael.

I lost track of what she was saying as soon as I saw Ethan leaning against his locker and talking to a boy. Wait, I know that boy, what was his name? Um, Jared!

Ethan was wearing a black T-shirt which rested on his body perfectly. I kept nodding to Abby without listening to a single word she was saying. Ethan looked around and then he saw me and I looked away. My eyes, which were not in my control, looked back to where he was standing. He was still looking at me. Damn. He smiled at me and I thought it would be rude to just stare at him so I smiled back. Actually, I would have smiled without even wanting to. Wait, what?

He still held my gaze and I looked away. Abby was still talking and I tried to catch on with the conversation and give a few responses. I took a quick peek at Ethan and he was still looking at me. His lips were shaped into a perfect big smile.

"Ashley, could you please listen to me?" Abby asked, making me look at her. "Instead of staring at Ethan."

"I wasn't staring at him," I replied quickly.

"Right," she replied with a smirk.

"What are you guys talking about?" Erica asked.

"Nothing," I replied casually.

"Well, I was talking but Ashley wouldn't listen," Abby said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I was just thinking about something," I defended myself.

"Right," Abby replied sarcastically.

The bell rang loudly, making me sigh. Abby had English with me; we walked to the English room together.