Chapter 20: Shadow of a Girl

Chapter 20

entry 12:

Percy sighed as he nuzzled his nose against Alya neck. Making her giggle. He gave her a goofy smile and handed her a flower he had picked on their way back. After he had decided to treat her like his wife. He's been happy. But something told him it was wrong, but he pushed the feeling aside.

"Do you want anything to eat?" Ayla asked with a small smile, as she moved about in the kitchen. Percy let out a small smile as he nodded. Ayla smiled brightly as she began to move through everything in the kitchen. Looking for the best dish to make for him.

Percy watched with a smile as she moved about making their dinner.

After half an hour. Alya placed a plate in front of him. He looked at it curiously.

"What is it?" He asked looking up at her. Ayla smiled widely as she stayed silent.

"Try it." She urged. Nova nodded as he took a bite of some of the food. His face brightens in surprise he takes another bite.

"This is amazing." He looked up her with a bright smile.

____________________

Ayla walked silently through the halls of the ship. Nova had gone out to train for two months at the most. So, she would be alone. Apart from a few new crew members who still need to control the ship.

Alya smiled dreamily before she crashed into a chest. Sparks raced up her arm where the person took hold to keep her in place. The erased mark on her shoulders burned harshly. Making her scream in pain. She looked up to see two familiar pink eyes staring at her.

The man she was looking at stared at her sadly.

"I am sorry miss." He apologized softly. Alya gasped out in pain.

"Y-your." She stuttered. The man sighed out deeply.

"I know. You're soulmate. Too bad I can't have you." He replied. Ayla's heart shattered.

"Unless you're willing to hide it from the captain." He whispered into her ear. Alya bit her lips. This was so much at once.

She whispered out softly. She wants to be with her soulmate. It's a gift given to everyone under Chaos rule. She wanted someone to truly love her. And Nova could not give her the love she wanted.

"I will." She said looking up at him.

"I am Greg." He said. He handed Alya a necklace and placed his lips over hers. Her breath hitched slightly. While her chest filled with guilt.

'I asked that you stay loyal. I have been hurt to many times. I will be loyal. With no questions asked. I ask that you do the same.' Nova's voice filled her head. She opened her eyes to see Greg looking at her with worry.

"I feel guilty." She mumbles softly. Greg frowns and wraps his arm around her.

"You shouldn't I don't believe that the captain can make you happy like I can." Greg mumbled caressing her cheek softly.

"I can take all the pain away." He whispered pulling her into another kiss.

Alya broke away out of breath after five minutes.

"Not here. It is dangerous." She whispered and lead him to the guest room in the upper floor. She looked around to make sure no one saw her as she pulls him in gently. She shut the door.