Chapter 2: Shadow of a Girl

Athena's POV:

"M-marry you?" I asked with a stuttered. Oh, I sound so pathetic but Phantom's strong gaze was making me nervous, almost as if trying to figure out what I was thinking.

"You know... You don't have a choice," He said walking towards the love seat in the office. I gulped silently. After years of holding my pure self. Here comes the man I love. Telling me that I have no choice in this sudden marriage. It's something I can't avoid, but this isn't' like the man I fell in love with. He's not the same, but maybe deep in his heart, there is a bit of his old self.

I looked down at the floor feeling hopeless. So many things have happened so recently that I wasn't acting myself.

"Don't worry Athena. I won't break your purity," He said turning his back towards me. His posture was very stiff. His gloved hands were behind his back with his feet parted. A very common stance in soldiers. I looked away from his back and turned to look at the wall to my left.

"And please don't argue. I'm not in the mood," He said glancing over his shoulder, giving me a spin chilling glare.

"There's no point in arguing anyways," I said walking to the love seat. I looked down at my hands to see scars on my arms. A small chuckle came out from his mouths as he turns around to face me. Giving me the usual cold stare he has given me since I've seen him today.

"Once I finish my work. I will lead you to my room to rest. I will be late by then. Do the engagement, Void has ordered that we share my room," I nodded without a complaint. Keeping my mouth shut was a wiser choice right now.

"Put this on," I glanced down at his hand, there sat a beautiful ring was in the center of his palm. I picked it up gently and looked at it. An aquamarine stone was beautifully placed on the top. I looked down at my empty finger and sighed softly before putting it on. The ring felt strange on my finger, and it felt wrong on it. Phantom walked away from me and went to sit behind his desk. I looked around bored.

A simple office. Not much to it. Except for the small planetarium on his desk. For around two hours. I sat there bored.

Just staring at the black wall blankly. Replaying horrid moments of my life. I felt hollow inside. Everything I came to know was crushed in such little time. I shut my eyes and laid down as best as I could on the small love seat. My eyes began to feel heavy and the next thing I knew. I was back in hell. The place I once called home.

I lifted my gaze up to see Ares and Aphrodite standing there in front of me with nasty smirks.

"Ready?" Ares asked with a scowl. I shrugged not really caring anymore. As I shut my eyes waiting for the pain to appear. I heard Aphrodite gasp.

"Is that a ring on your finger?" I snapped my eyes open to look at my hand. Indeed, it was the ring on my finger.

"Who's the lucky man?" She asked with a glare. Clearly, she wasn't happy about this.

"I'm being forced," I said bluntly.

"Tell me!!" She screamed slapping me. My head snapped to the side. My cheek now burned from the smack, but this was only the beginning. Without warning a powerful wave of pain rushed up to my back. Drawing out a loud scream from my mouth. It was soon followed by many more.

Hot tears streamed down my face, making everything blurry. My hair was pulled dragging me across the ground. I saw a huge hole in the ground making me want to cry out for help. I was pushed to the ground once more as Ares opened the hole. I was forced to stand before being pushed inside. Spiders of all sorts crawled over me. I screamed loudly as they all took a bite out of me. I screamed louder than ever before. This was a new level of torment.