Chapter 17 Shadow of a Girl

Entry 9:

Percy looked around to see he was surrounded. Monsters where coming left and right. From every angle. Percy closed his eyes and let his senses run. More where on their way. He had to act fast.

Springing into action he began to slaughter monsters in his path. Left, right, slash, stab, roll. Repeating these over, and over as he moved. Avoiding being clubbed in the head with giant claws.

"WHERE ARE THEY COMING FROM?!" He screamed out in frustration. He looked around. More monsters replaced the dead ones. Percy looked at the sword in his hand, and decided to use it. Throwing to the side his old sword, riptide.

He gripped the handle of the dark sword, and began to wave it around. Accidently sending a shockwave. Very high pitched sound left the sword. Making the monsters roar in agony. Percy looked around confused as they retreated. Backing away from the high pitch sound.

Percy took the opportunity and escaped. Rushing past them in seconds. And they didn't follow.

Once he was out of the monster's sight. He let out a loud sigh of relief.

"Good you have it." Darkness jumped off from the tree. Landing beside him. Percy let out a sigh and nodded.

"Yeah. At the cost of my life." He muttered. Darkness shook her head and let out a sigh.

"Just strap the sword to your back, and coat it with ice. It will keep the power from coming out." She said. Waving a finger at him. Percy let out a sigh and put the sword away into the sheath on his back, then coating the sheath with a fine thin ice. Blocking the power from the sword.

"Happy?" He asked. Darkness nodded, and pointed towards the trees.

"Let's go. The sword stopped vibrating so they'll be back." Percy looked back and nodded. Knowing that they were in fact on their way.

"Yeah, let's go now." He muttered running towards the other direction.

_________

Soon both made it safely to the ship.

"listen well Percy. You will now search for the sword of light. Pay close attention to my instructions." Darkness said looking at him with a sad smile.

"You will be on your own for five years. Wonder as you must. Learn your home. The universe belongs to you. Tell no one of who you are. To them you will be known as Nova the assassin. Phantom is your princely name. Call yourself Nova. You know the basic now. Now you need to know how to be more of a simple person." Darkness took out a large pouch and handed it to him with the same sad smile.

"I'm weak my prince. As a Guardian. I use more power to keep you safe. The ship is yours. You have earned it. The great Night has a new captain." Behind Darkness the crew stood silently. Watching the scene unfold. And she knew they where. To her it was a good thing.

"You will wonder the lands, and discover many worlds. But don't try to fall in love. You'll end up hurt."

"But don't worry. I'll be with you." She said giving him a smile.

Percy listened to closely as she warned him. But unknown to him. Darkness knew more then he thought.

Darkness took of a necklace from around her neck and handed it to him. It was a strange crystal like stone. Except this one was black and had no glow to it. Percy look at Darkness who was become transparent. She reached out to tough the crystal and disappeared completely. The crew all gasped out in shock as Percy gently touched the stone. Which now hand