Chapter 14: Shadow of a Girl

Entry 6:

"Aye Cap'n. The bark is near," Sailors quickly hosted the sails. Helping them to go faster. Darkness glared at the smaller ship with distaste.

"Pull the brass monkey!" She ordered.

"Fire in the hole!" Someone shouted before loud shots where heard, making a victorious smile to crawl onto her lips. The enemy has been hit. Perfect.

"Phantom. Steer the ship. Get us close enough to the other one!" Darkness shouted influencing outwards towards the enemy ship.

"Use the Flank," The captain of the smaller ship shouted.

The great Night was now at their side, and they were sinking quickly, they were losing horribly.

"No can do cap'n," Darkness said landing on her two feet pointing a sword at the enemy with a smudge smile on her face.

"Ya tried to steal from my ship. Not bright are ya. Why not strike ya colors?" Darkness lifted her sword to his throat. The enemy captain growled, wiping away blood from his mouth and beard.

"Ya scare me not ya wench, a woman shouldn't command a ship," The old man spat. Darkness smiled as she looked at his crew with a new glint in her eyes.

"Time's have chained old man, all ya get on. Ya work for me now," Darkness whistled loudly. Giving a signal to her crew to lower the gangway. Quickly the crew set to work and dropped the gangplank onto the smaller ship.

"Ya fools at stay put. Ya don't listen to a wench!" The old man growled.

"Onboard now!" Darkness shouted with anger slicing the captain's head right off his shoulders.

Quickly most of the crew members of the smaller ship rushed to the Great Night like frightened puppies with their tails tucked in between their legs, fearing for their lives.

"All ya, come help me with the cargo," Darkness shouted. Percy quickly began to holler at the crew to hurry.

"More it." He shouted. The ship was starting to become hard to keep beside the other ship.

"Let's go," Darkness shouted. She had taken what she wanted. It was time to go. Quickly she jumped onto the ship taking hold of the rope. Pulling herself up, as she landed safely onto the deck. Something she was glad about.

"Faster ya lazy buffoons." She shouted striding through her ship. The small ship creek as it began to sink deeper into the water.

Oh, yeah. She has more crew members. Darkness smiled in victory as she watched the body of the old man sink with his ship.

A captain always goes down with his ship.

_______________________

Darkness sighed as she looked around her office. Percy lazily laid on her bed.

"We're in the sea of Gazer." She said looking at a large map on the round table.

"We have to avoid that sea all cost," She mumbled.

"Why?" Percy asked. Darkness sighed as she placed a ship on the map.

"We can't run into the sea monsters. It would be dangerous. We need to go around," She moved the ship around.

"Won't that take longer?" Percy asked, rubbing his chin thoughtfully as he glanced at Darkness.