Scisaac; I don't care where we go, as long as it's far from here.

HUMAN AU

"Name's Scott McCall. You?" A boy smiled, taking a seat from across the other.

"Isaac Lahey." Blue eyes creased, returning the friendly facial gesture.

"Where you off too?"

"I don't know."

"You don't? Kind of like a runaway?"

"I...I guess you could say that." Isaac sighed, averting his vision to the boring cement scenery outside the window. "What about you?"

"Same as you."

"Anywhere?"

"That's the plan." His brown eyes chuckled, Isaac didn't understand how- but they chuckled.

-----------

"What's your story, McCall?" Isaac asked, trying his best to be sensitive with the question. He hoped, yet feared, that the answer wouldn't be the same as his.

"I......My girlfriend, Allison, she -uh- kind of died." He struggled, fingers tapping on the soulless glass windows. Said windows were tear streaked, as if channeling the sadness emitting from both boys. Rain. Water. Tears. Water.

It's all the same.

"Oh, I'm sorry for asking."

"It's fine. You didn't know. What about you?" Scott waved him off, he didn't feel much issue with telling blue eyes anything.

Blue eyes comforted him, somehow. Yet, they'd only met an hour ago.

"My dad. He's not exactly the most friendly of people, and apparently being his kid doesn't change his violent attitude towards you." He gulped, avoiding eye contact yet again, his vision fell upon a bird. A blackbird, shy of actual black- more blue if you asked him.

Isaac hated the colour blue.

He carried too much self-loathing with the colour.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry."

"Not your fault. Don't worry."

-----------
"I understand why you have no destination." Scott stated, breaking the silence.

Three hours they sat there, few conversations. More looking with distant eyes out the window, occasional sighs. They didn't understand why they understood each other.

But they did.

"You do?"

"I do. Anything is better than painful memories locked inside a small town."

"I like your thinking, McCall."

"Wow, thanks, Lahey."

"It's a compliment."

"I'm honoured." The boy laughed.

They didn't know anything about each other, they only really knew that they'd get off that God forsaken train at the same destination.

"Shall you carry me as a burden?"

"Eh, we'll see."