Chapter 21: Miss Me?

*Zoe's POV*

This is it. I'm back in LA.

I texted Maya and she said Cameron wasn't home and asked why I wanted to know but I didn't reply.

I didn't care that Cameron wasn't home because it makes the surprise all the more better.

Knock. Knock.

The door opens revealing...Maya.

"Hi" I say smiling and the look on Maya's face is completely shocked.

"OH MY GOD! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" Maya screams attacking me with a hug.

"Surprise" I say chuckling slightly.

"I can't believe you're back! This is so unreal! Jeez... I missed you!" Maya says as we pull away from the hug.

"I missed you a lot too Maya." I say.

"Come in. Cameron will be home in about an hour. Does he know you're here?" Maya says as I walk through the front door.

"No he doesn't. That's why I texted you and didn't reply after you texted me back." I reply. "Anyone else home?" I ask.

"Yeah. Mom and Dad are just outside" Maya says. I walk into the lounge room and drop my bag and then walk outside.

"Hi Libby, Hey Victor" I say as I see them sitting on chairs reading books.

"ZOE! Darling! you're back!" Libby says dropping her book and waking over to be and giving me a big hug.

"Hahaha it's so great to see you again Libby." I say.

"What are you doing back?" Victor asks pulling me into a quick hug.

"I felt like I needed to come back. I just missed everyone so much." I reply.

"Well... welcome back. Where are you staying?" Victor asks.

"Umm.. probably a hotel or something" I reply.

"No. Don't be silly. We'd be glad to have you stay with us again" Libby says.

"Oh.. really? Thanks so much" I say.

~~~

Maya and I are sitting on the couch together when we hear the front door open.

"IM HOME!" I hear Cameron yell and my heart flutters at the sound of his voice.

Maya and I look at each other and I smile.

Maya gets off the couch to try and stall Cameron.

I hear Maya and Cameron talking then I hear footsteps walking towards the lounge room.

I can't stop smiling.

"There is someone here for you" I hear Maya say and I then hear Cameron ask 'who?'

"Just go into the lounge room and see" Maya replies.

Cameron walks in and I look at Cameron who is looking at me completely and utterly shocked.

"Miss me?" I ask biting my lip trying to hide my smile.

The next thing I know Cameron runs over to be and hugs me so tight and picks me up off the couch and I wrap my legs around his waist so I don't fall if he drops me.

"I have my baby back" Cameron whispers in my ear. "I can't believe you're back" He says as I look into Cameron's eyes for the first time in 2 years. I can't say that I don't still get those stupid butterflies.

"Hahaha I can't believe it either to be honest... I feel like in dreaming" I tell Cameron.

"Want me to prove you're not dreaming?" Cameron asks as his eyes flicker from my own to my lips.