Chapter 17: Explanations

*Zoe's POV*

I wake and remember what happened yesterday and look at my arm. The pain killers wore off and it's a bit sore. I get out of bed not worrying about getting changed out of my sweat pants and over sized t-shirt. I put Jai's beanie back on because my hair is horrible because I was tossing and turning last night.

I remembered I had work today and I look at the clock ok the kitchen and realise its 11:30am and I'm 6 hours late!

"SHIT!" I say under my breath.

"You alright?" I hear a familiar voice belonging to Daniel say.

"I'm 6 hours late for work. I better ring Adam and tell him that I won't be in at all" I explain.

"That's very unprofessional" Skip says in a posh accent making me laugh.

"I know. I better also tell him I have a broken arm" I sigh.

"Are you alright?" He asks putting his hand on my shoulder.

I have to think about it for a second before I answer.

"No" I reply blankly.

"Zoe" Daniel says before pulling me into a hug but being careful of my broken arm.

"It hurts so much. And I don't mean my arm" I say crying into Skips shoulder.

"It'll be alright in the end and if it's not, thats ok it means it's not really the end" He tells me rubbing my back soothingly.

"Where are the others?" I ask.

"They all went out to get you something for you" Skip tells me and I smile.

"Awww....." I say pulling back from the hug and wiping away my tears on my face.

"Go make your phone call, alright." Skip tells me and I nod and walk off back to the room I'm staying in.

I turn on my phone ask ignore all the notifications and missed texts and calls and ring Adam Sandler.

"ZOE! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!" Adam answers his phone.

"I'm alright I guess. I'm sorry for not showing up I just called to let you know I won't be in at all today. I'm not feeling the best and I broke my arm yesterday and the pain killers have worn off and I'm a bit drowsy still" I tell him.

"Woah! are you alright though? How'd you break your arm?" Adam asks.

"I won't go into detail. I got a bit angry yesterday and punched a wall" I explain biting my thumb nail nervously.

"Do you know what's up with Cameron? he isn't himself at all today? He won't talk unless he is saying his lines?" Adam asks and I have some idea why.

"Umm... I don't know. I was out to a concert with friends last night and I didn't go home" I say partly lying.

"Alright. Hope your arm gets better soon. When are you gonna come back?" Adam asks.

"I'll be in tomorrow. I promise" I tell Adam.

"Everyone was worried when you didn't show up and Cameron was acting weird" Adam says. I wish he would stop mentioning Cameron's name.

"Tell everyone I'm fine" I say.

"No problem. I gotta go. bye Zoe" and Adam hung up.

I shrug it off and take a deep breath before walking out of my room and into the lounge room where all 5 Janoskians magically appeared while I was in my room.

"Hi Zoe. We went and got the rest of your stuff. We think it's best if you live here until you go back to Australia. We have to go back in a couple weeks but we have arranged a driver to take you to work and where ever you want" Beau explains.