Chapter 18: Not our time

*Zoe's POV*

Today was the day I was talking to Cameron and going to work. I'm nervous but it needs to be done.

I wake up at 5:30am and get ready. I got my driver who Beau hired to take me to the set.

When I got there I went straight to my dressing room. I look at myself in the mirror and sigh.

I look down at my cast that all the Janoskians signed.

Nice fashion statement Zoe.

Hope you get better soon.

❤️ James.

MY KOALA IS BROKEN!

SOMEBODY FIX HER!

❤️Luke.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but walls can do the same.

STOP PUNCHING WALLS ZOE!

Luv Skip ;)

You're BEAUtiful. ;)

Get better soon Zoe!

❤️Beau

Dogs are gonna bark. ILY!

-Jai

I smile at the all the messages they wrote. They are the sweetest guys.

~~~~

The morning went smoothly. I saw Cameron and I saw him looking at my arm. He gave me a 'we need to talk' look and I agreed.

Everyone was asking how I was and what happened. I just told them I was fine and that I got angry and not to ask why I got angry.

It was lunch break and I texted Cameron to meet me in my dressing room.

I didn't get a reply.

I walk around my dressing room thinking about what I'll say. What do I want to happen? Should I forget what happened? I don't know.

Knock. Knock.

"Ahhhh urrrrr... come in" I say nervously.

"Urrrmm hi?" Cameron says walking in and shutting the door behind him.

"Lets umm.. sit down" I say. This is so awkward!

Cameron and I sit at opposite ends of the couch. I look at Cameron and it looks like he hasn't slept at all last night, he also looks at miserable as me. I guess it hurt both of us.

"How'd you break your arm?" Cameron asks trying to start a conversation.

"Lets just say I was angry and punched a wall" I tell Cameron truthfully.

"It's my fault, isn't it?" Cameron asks.

I look at Cameron and take a deep breath. "I was the reason you were angry" Cameron says and I nod.

"It's not your fault I decided punching a wall was a good idea" I say thinking about how at the time punching the wall didn't hurt a lot.

"I'm sorry. But... can I ask what exactly made you angry?" Cameron looks at me and I look into his eyes that are usually so full of life, but not right now.

"The fact you didn't stand up for me at the diner. It hurt a lot more than punching the wall. The fact you let that waitress call me those things and didn't say a word. Also the fact you paid more attention to her than me. I've always felt that one day I'd lose you to someone else who is prettier and smarter" I tell Cameron trying my best not to let the tears that are forming in my eyes fall.

"I'm so sorry I didn't stand up for you. I wish I did." Cameron tells me with sincerity in his voice and truth in his eyes.

"No, I'm sorry. Sometimes I get jealous thinking that someone else could make you happier than I could. I guess it's my insecurities acting up. Because I know I'm not the prettiest, smartest or most fun and exciting. But, I know that no matter how hard and long you look, you'll never find someone who loves you like I do" I say with tears falling down my my cheeks.

"I wish I never made you feel insecure. I should make you feel safe and protected but I failed" Now Cameron is crying.

"I love you...." I say but Cameron interrupts me.

"I love you" Cameron says.

"I love you but I don't think we should be together. At least for now. I feel like you're the one but I don't think it's the right time for us" Even though I'm the one saying that I still felt like I broke my heart even more.

"What do you mean not the right time?" Cameron asks sounding scared.

"Maybe we're to young right now. I feel like we moved fast, maybe too fast. I love you so much but it's just not the right time" I tell Cameron struggling to look at him.

There is a short and painful pause before Cameron says something.

"I think you are right. Are we breaking up?" he asks.

"No, I guess you could say we are setting each other free and maybe one day we'll be together again" I say.

"Can you promise me something?" Cameron asks.

"Depends" I reply.

"Promise me that you'll look after yourself. You'll stay true to who you are. And most importantly you will come back when you are ready. I will wait for you because honestly I don't want anyone else. If my future has you in it, I'm not afraid of the rest. You mean the world to me Zoe, don't ever forget that." Cameron tells me and I'm in hysterics crying my eyes out.

"I promise" I say biting my lip.

"Can you kiss me one last time?" I ask trying to force a smile.

Cameron doesn't answer me he just presses his lips on mine. I feel so warm inside and I feel like this is where/who I belong with but I'm not ready and plus everything that is going on with my family it's just really hard.

Cameron's hand cups my cheek as our lips move in sync. I don't feel as sad anymore but I feel lost and that I'm grieving. Cameron pulls me closer deepening the kiss.

Cameron and I kiss for what feels like forever. We pull away and I feel so empty.

"I love you" We both say at the same time and we both laugh but with tears in our eyes.

"I'm so glad I met you" I say smiling.

"I wouldn't trade meeting you for the world" Cameron smiles at me.

All of a sudden Cameron pulls me onto his lap so I'm sitting across his legs and hugs me tightly like if he let go he'd die.

"Please don't let go" I say burying my face into the crook if his neck.

"I wouldn't dream of it" Cameron tells me hugging me tighter.

Cameron and I stay like that until our lunch break was over. I wish we never had to let each other go but it's for the best.

===========================

A/N: Sorry it took so long to update I had a tiny but of writers block. To be honest writing this made me a little sad. I did promise they will be together in the end and this isn't the end yet. I love you all. Thanks for the support. Not edited.