Chapter 6: C- in Chemisty

*Cameron's POV* (2 weeks later)

So Zoe who plays Grace and me who plays Keithie are doing the scene where we meet in the halls at school . We are meant to look into each others eyes and stare and say our lines.

"And... action" the director calls.

I (Keithie) start walking down the hallway and so does Zoe (Grace) but coming towards me. 'Grace' trips over but 'Keithy' catches her.

I hold Zoe in my arms and we look into each others eyes. I've never noticed how big and beautifully blue Zoe's eyes are before.

"What next, it starts raining?" Zoe says her line and I help her go her feet.

"Haha yeah... maybe" I say my line sheepishly because I have to.
"So ummm... Grace, you are really pretty" I say looking down at my feet.

"Thanks Keithie" Zoe says looking down at her feet as well.

"So uhh... I was wondering if you maybe wanted to.. come to this party with my family Saturday?" I ask Zoe... well Keithie asks Grace.

"I'd love to" 'Grace' replies.

I pretend to be relieved and then the fake school bell rings and the director yells cut.

"That was ok. but not great. Lets run it from the top. and... action" the director says.

~~~

We've done multiple takes of this scene but apparently we can't get it 'right' apart from the occasional stuff up of lines Zoe and I think we did good but the director says otherwise.

"What is it? why isn't it right?" Zoe asks the director.

He looks at Zoe and I for a few seconds. "In chemistry I'd give you two a C-. Cameron... can I talk to you for a minute?"

I nod and follow him away from Zoe and everyone else.

"It's obvious you like Zoe." He straight out says and my eyes widen. What is he talking about? "I can tell Zoe likes you to. You are both just holding back. Stop. Man up and ask Zoe out."

"But... wait what?" I ask.

"Ask Zoe out. Stop holding back." And with that the director walks away.

I follow him back to where everyone else is.

"That's it for today. You can all go home" the director says and that's what we do.

~~~

"So what did the director say to you?" Zoe asks as we drive home from the set. I got my licence just over a week ago.

"Ohh umm..." should I tell her? "Apparently we need to work on our chemistry" is all I say.

"Yeah.. but how though?" Zoe asks.

"Hey Zo, do you wanna go out sometime?" I ask nervously. Why am I nervous?

"What? Like a date?" Zoe asks with her amazing strong Australian accent that makes her 10x more sexier...

Wait. What am I saying!

"Umm... if you want it to be" I say unsure if I should really answer question.

"But you're the one who asked me so it should be your decision" Zoe says... well played Zoe.

To be honest. I do want it to be a date. I really do like Zoe it's just for some reason she is different. Usually I'm really smooth around the ladies but I can't explain it but Zoe seems to be more special.

"Then... yeah. Like a date" I say focusing on the road as I drive.

"Yeah. I'll go on a date with you" Zoe says and I can't help but smile and I see out of the corner of my eye Zoe biting her lip trying to hide her smile.

She is cute. Smart. Funny. Sweet. Beautiful. Sexy. Crazy like me. Down to earth. And I have to admit...

I think I'm falling for her.

==========================
A/N: sorry if there are any mistakes and that it's really short. I am trying to update my imagines that have 1.21k reads which I'm ecstatic about! And this story as much as I can before I go away for 3 weeks on the 22nd of December.

Until next time.