Chapter 14: left unspoken

*Zoe's POV*

Have you ever felt so alone when you are surrounded by people? And you feel so empty and if you speak no one will hear even though they are all willing to listen. That's how I feel no matter how confusing it is.

It's been 2 weeks since I found out about my mums... condition. The only time I leave my room is when we have to go to work. I haven't been eating much sometimes not at all. I haven't told anyone not even Cameron. I just need to be alone.

I think everyone is starting to worry but I don't want to speak and I don't want to be spoken to. Silence is the only thing keeping me from breaking down.

I stare at the blank walls of my bedroom. I haven't logged onto twitter or Facebook, Instagram, Keek, Vine, Snapchat... nothing, I don't even check my messages.

For now I just need myself, at least I think I do.

Knock. Knock.

"Who it's it?" I ask.

"It's Libby. Zoe are you alright hun? Everyone is worried about you, especially Cameron. You have barely left your room in two weeks or eaten anything" Libby says through the door.

The simple answer would be to say I'm not ok but... "I'm ok. I just haven't been hungry, that's all" I say.

"Well ok hun. We are here for you sweetie" Libby says and I hear her footsteps fade away.

Why do I lie? Why do people lie? Is it to spare someone else's feelings or their own? I wish I knew.

I walk over to my bedroom window and I open it and I sit on the windowsill and look out like I do everyday.

I like looking out the window and watching the world go by while I just sit still. I hear birds chirping and the sound of cars driving by.

Why?

Is the question I ask myself.

Why is this happening?

My mum doesn't and shouldn't deserve to die. She's been nothing but a great mother. I wish I was with her. As much as I'm glad I've met Cameron, I wish I was back home in Australia.

I miss my friends and my family.

I'm going to make them proud. I want to make them proud of me. Even if it means being here in LA away from them.

I feel someone put their hand on my shoulder and I jump a little because I was scared and turn around. I see Cameron and he looks sad. I go back to looking out the window.

"Zoe. Please talk to me" Cameron begs but I don't turn around I don't want to talk... at all.

"Why haven't you been coming out of you room?" Cameron asks and I can hear the distress and concern in his voice but I don't answer.

"You have barely eaten or talked to anyone in 2 weeks. What's happened babe?" "Is everything alright?" "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine" I say barely in a whisper but Cameron still manages to hear me.

"I know your not" he says and that was my breaking point.

I get up from the windowsill and walk over to my bed as tears escape my eyes. I silently sob to myself before laying down on my bed and curling into a ball crying my eyes out.

2 weeks I kept by tears bottled in. 2 painful weeks.

"It's n-not f-fair. It should-shouldn't b-be this w-way" I cry.

Cameron comes and sits next to me and pulls me onto his lap and rocks me forwards and backwards while cradling me in his arms as I cry into his shirt.