Chapter 16: broken arm & broken hearts

*Zoe's POV*

Cameron and I are currently sitting in a little diner somewhere in LA. I'm still not familiar with LA yet even though I've been here for a while. It's been a week since my birthday and it was probably the best birthday ever despite my parents not being here. Tonight is also the Ed Sheeran concert and I'm going with the Janoskian boys because they are still in LA but Cameron said he couldn't come so he said he'd take me out for brunch.

"So what do you want?" Cameron asks.

"I think I'll have a chocolate milkshake and some pancakes with ice cream and chocolate syrup" I say and Cameron gives me a look. "Don't judge me. I'm really hungry" I tell him and he doesn't say anything.

"Hi I'm Lucy and I'll be your waitress today. What can I get you?" The fake platinum blonde and cake faced waitress asks Cameron not even acknowledging my presence.

"Uhh..." Cameron manages to say before 'Lucy' interrupts him.

"OH MY GOD! YOU'RE CAMERON BOYCE!" She says.

No shit. I think to myself.

"Hahaha yeah I am" Cameron says laughing.

"You are an amazing actor and a good looking one, I might add" Lucy says clearly flirting with Cameron.

Just so you know, Cameron and I still haven't gone public and I hadn't really thought about it 'till now. I feel like yelling it out.

"Hi... ummm." I speak up and Lucy turns to face me and she gives me a slight death glare. "Can we order now?" I say gesturing to Cameron and I.

"Awww... Cameron what a pretty cousin you have" Lucy says and I look at Cameron who is looking at me and I give him a say something look.

"Umm... I'll have the waffles with whipped cream, maple syrup and chocolate chips and Zoe will have a chocolate milkshake and pancakes with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup" Cameron orders.

"I think she'll be better off with a fruit salad and water" Lucy says and I look at her and bite my lip so hard I can taste blood so I don't punch this girl in the face.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom. I'll be one sec" I say getting up and speed waking to the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and walk over to the wall and punch it, hard.

I never get angry but damn am I frustrated. Why didn't Cameron say anything? does he agree with her?

I look at my hand and it's already starting to turn purple and it's bleeding.

"Fuck" I say under my breath.

I wash my hand under some cold water and look at myself one more time in the mirror and I zip up my jacket I'm wearing.

I take a deep breath and walk out of the bathroom.

I look and see Cameron is still talking to Lucy. I take another deep breath and shut my eyes when I open then I see Lucy and Cameron about to kiss.

I walk over and grab my bag.

"I can't fucking believe you." I say and see Cameron looking at me stunned. "I'm going home. I have an Ed Sheeran concert to get ready for" I say walking out and I don't hear Cameron chasing after me.

I have an idea of how to get home from here.

As I'm walking I take out my phone and ring Beau.

"Hello Zo" He answers.

"I need you to pick me up from Cameron's early. I'll get ready at your house." I say sounding urgent and holding back the tears.

"Zoe what's wrong?" Beau asks sounding very concerned.