Chapter 8: the date

*Zoe's POV*

I wonder what Cameron has planned for our date. What if it's terrible? I actually really like Cameron. What if after this date everything is awkward because we don't know how to act around each other? What if Cameron gets struck by an asteroid? then what will I do?

ZOE! PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER!

"Everything is going to be fine." I tell myself over and over again.

Cameron told me to dress comfortable and loose. I can do that.

I put on my baggy 3/4 track pants and light blue crop top and throw my loose white t-shirt over the top and let the left sleeve hang off my left shoulder. I also put on my white socks and put my black converses on.

I tie my hair up into a loose pony tail. Cameron also told me to not wear makeup and I'm happy with that I don't like wearing make up. usually the most make up I wear is some mascara and lipgloss.

When I'm finished I go downstairs to the lounge room and just sit on the couch. Maya comes down and smiles at me as she sits down next to me.

"Is Cameron still getting ready?" I ask Maya.

"Yeah, he is really picky when it comes to clothes and I'm certain you know that by now" Maya tells me and I have worked out how picky Cameron is when it comes to clothes plus Maya says it all the time.

"You excited?" Maya asks nudging my ribcage lightly with her elbow.

"Well... yeah. I hope it's fun and isn't disastrous" I reply looking down at my hands that are resting on my lap.

"Don't worry. Cameron has been stressing about the date since he asked you. It's going to be perfect" Maya tells me.

"Do you know what's happening?" I ask me.

"Yeah, but I'm not gonna tell you" Maya says smiling before getting up and walking away quietly laughing to herself. I'm not sure if she is trying to mess with me or make me nervous, could be both.

Cameron walks into the lounge room wearing his black X-MOB t-shirt with gold letters saying X-MOB on the front and his black loose fit jeans and his white nike airforce 1's.

Nice.

"Come on. Lets get outta here, shall we?" Cameron says gesturing me to come with him and that I do.

~~~

In the car Cameron is focussing on the road but I keep looking over at him for a few seconds at a time then looking down at my hands and smile to myself.

The past month have been unreal. To tell you the truth Cameron used to be my celeb crush when I was like 13 and 14 but he must never know that. I'm over my celeb crush now it's a real crush, he must not know that either. and if you tell him I will know.

I know what your thinking. A few weeks ago I was purely saying Cameron was just a friend and nothing more. Well after being held in his arms for nights on end I started to feel something for Cameron. When I'm in his arms I know I'm safe and I see another side of Cameron. At first I though I was just lost in confusion when the feelings for Cameron arose but after thinking for a long time I knew they were real.

I couldn't help but think about every little thing I had noticed about Cameron before I went to sleep, I would think about how...
He runs his fingers through his hair when he is worried then stresses that he stuffed up his hair and runs to the nearest mirror.

I find that both obsessive and cute.

The song 'ThankYou' by MKTO starts playing on the radio and Cameron and I start to sing at the same time and look at each other for a slip second before looking away.

When the song finished Cameron told be to put on a blind fold and I did what I was told. At first I was hesitant asking if Cameron was going to abandon be in the woods and was making sure I didn't knowing the way back.
But Cameron just laughed and said he promised he would never do that to me.

The car pulled up somewhere and Cameron turned off the car and hopped out and helped my blindfolded self out of the car.

Cameron is on my left with what I assume is his right arm wrapped around my waist while holding my left hand with his left hand and he guides me to where ever we are going.

Cameron lets go of my left hand for a second and I hear Cameron open a door.

I feel Cameron take the blindfold off me and I open my eyes and see... a dance studio.

"I remembered you told me at the party that you haven't danced the whole time you've been in LA and I could tell you missed it" Cameron explains.

I don't say anything all I want to do is just dance. To tell you the truth I have really missed dancing it was my life from the age of 7 and if I didn't get the part in Grown Ups 3 I would've auditioned for the top dance school in Australia.

"Are you happy?" Cameron asks.

"I'm over the moon" I say smiling. I can't believe Cameron remembered what I said at the party. "This actually means so much to me" I say looking at Cameron and smiling and I can tell he is looking into my eyes because I feel all warm inside.

"Shall we?" Cameron says grabbing hold of my hand and guiding me to the centre of the room.

"We shall" I say smiling.

"Just go with the flow. Oh and show me what cha got" Cameron says letting me go and walking over and plugging his phone into the speaker and presses play.

Classic by MKTO starts playing and I laugh because this is my favourite song to groove to.

"I know you love to groove to this song" Cameron says like he was just reading my mind.

Hey! Where's the drums?

Oh whoa-oh-oh-oh

Let's go!

Ooh girl you're shining
Like a 5th avenue diamond
And they don't make you like they used to
You're never going out of style

Cameron grabs both my hands and we just start grooving together and laughing for no reason.

Ooh pretty baby
This world might've gone crazy
The way you save me
Who can blame me
When I just wanna make you smile?

I wanna thrill you like Michael
I wanna kiss you like Prince
Let's get it on like Marvin Gaye
Like Hathaway
Write a song for you like this

You're over my head
I'm out of my mind
Thinking I was born in the wrong time
One of a kind, living in a world gone plastic
Baby you're so classic
Baby you,
Baby you're so classic

Cameron twirls me and dips me and I laugh every time because I'm enjoying myself. I'm actually so happy right now.

Four dozen of roses
Anything for you to notice
All the way to serenade you
Doing it Sinatra style

Ima pick you up in a Cadillac
Like a gentleman bringin' glamour back
Keep it reel to reel in the way I feel
I could walk you down the aisle

I wanna thrill you like Michael
I wanna kiss you like Prince
Let's get it on like Marvin Gaye
Like Hathaway
Write a song for you like this

You're over my head
I'm out of my mind
Thinking I was born in the wrong time
It's love on rewind,
Everything is so throwback-ish (I kinda like it, like it)
Out of my league
Old school chic
Like a movie star
From the silver screen
You're one of a kind living in a world gone plastic
Baby you're so classic

Baby you're class and baby you're sick
I never met a girl like you ever til we met
A star in the 40s, centrefold in the 50s
Got me tripping out like the sixties
Hippies Queen of the discotheque
A 70s dream and an 80s best
Hepburn, Beyoncé, Marilyn, Massive
Girl you're timeless, just so classic

Cameron starts to show off and I decide to as well. Cameron throws in some awesome moves and he even did a flip. I do a triple fouetté and land in a pose with my legs shoulder width apart and one hand on my hip and one hand on my head.

You're over my head I'm out of my mind
Thinking I was born in the wrong time
It's love on rewind,
Everything is so throwback-ish (I kinda like it, like it)
Out of my league
Old school chic
Like a movie star
From the silver screen
You're one of a kind living in a world gone plastic
Baby you're so classic

On the last line of the song Cameron dipped me and pulled me back up and our chests are pressed up against each others and outfaces less than an inch apart .

"Wow" I say looking at Cameron. "That was so fun and amazing" I breathe.

~~~

Cameron and I danced for what felt like hours, of course we took a break every now and again but we told each other jokes and Cameron told me some cheesy pick up lines that only made me laugh harder and also blush.

"May I have one last dance?" Cameron asks helping me off the nice cold dance floor I decided to lay down on after our last dance, we danced to 'Club Can't Handle Me' from Step Up 3D. That took a lot of energy, you could say we had a dance battle.

"Yes you may" I smile at Cameron.

'Sweet Disposition' by Temper Trap starts playing. I love this song it has a lot of meaning behind it about not giving up.

~~~

Cameron lifted me up by the waist and lifted me above his head and spun around. When the song ended he let me down so I had my legs wrapped around his waist and my arms around his neck.

"You are amazing" I say staring deeply into Cameron's chocolate brown eyes.
Cameron doesn't say anything, he just looks into my eyes smiling at me.
"Why aren't you talking? and why aren't my feet on the ground yet?" I ask.

"Because your eyes are so beautiful and now it's easier to do something I've wanted to do all night" Cameron says then I can feel his lips on mine and I immediately started kissing back.

As cliché as is sounds it feels like the whole world has stopped and it's just Cameron and I are the only ones moving and the only ones that matter. It feels so amazing and special it's a feeling I really can't describe.

Eventually we pulled away and we both smiled at each other.

~~~

We got home about 11pm we danced for about 3hrs and we stopped for a milkshake and then went home.

Everyone was asleep when we got home and Cameron walked me to my room which is right next to his. We are currently standing in the hallway outside my room.

"Thanks for an absolutely amazing evening Cameron. I had so much fun" I say. I haven't stopped smiling since Cameron and I kissed and neither has he.

"I'm glad. I had so much fun to." Cameron tells me. "Goodnight Zoe" Cameron says then kissing my forehead.

"Goodnight Cameron" I say then I kiss him lightly on the lips. With that I walk into my room and close the door.

This has been probably the best day I've had in LA. Cameron is seriously amazing, I cannot say it enough.

~~~

2:20am. I couldn't sleep. I woke up. I'm ready to tell Cameron. I can't keep this from him.

Maybe I should do it at a more reasonable time. Actually no. I have to tell him now.

I get out of bed and walk to Cameron's room. I open the door and see him fast asleep. I walk in and shut the door behind me.

"Cameron" I whisper loudly to try and wake him up. I shake Cameron but still nothing. I have a plan that is sure to wake him up and I won't be killed for it, I hope.

I kiss Cameron on his slightly parted lips and soon Cameron wakes up and kisses me back and pulls me down on top of him and he kisses me harder and takes control.

I pull away and Cameron pouts. "Why are you kissing me at like 2:30 in the morning?" Cameron asks.

"I'm ready to tell you why I cried the other day"