Chapter 13: Why can't I go home?

*Zoe's POV*

"Man I'm hungry!" I say. It was finally lunch break on the GU3 set... thank god!

"FOOD! WHERE IS THE FOOD!" I yell and I hear Cameron behind me laughing.

"I told you to have breakfast" he laughs.

"Oh shut up after you tell me where the food is" I say grabbing Cameron's shoulders and shaking him.

"Come on. There is some in your dressing room for you babe" Cameron says grabbing both my hands and taking me to my dressing room.

I walk in and open the mini fridge in my dressing room... how cool, right? I see that there is a container of left over pasta for me and Cameron from the night before.

"When did that get there?" I ask as I take out the container.

"You brought that to have for lunch" Cameron laughs looking at me like I'm crazy which I'm not surprised about.

"Really? I don't remember that at all" I tell Cameron.

"You were still half asleep. I not surprised" Cameron explains and I just shrug and walk out of my dressing room to the kitchen with Cameron following me and put the pasta in the microwave.

Once the pasta was done I took it out of the microwave and Cameron hands me a fork and we basically just eat from the container. Before you wonder it's not spaghetti so it's not like we are gonna accidentally kiss because we ate the same piece of spaghetti, this isn't a movie.

Once Cameron and I finished we went back into our own dressing rooms.

I sit down on the red couch and take out my phone and scroll through twitter.

@MissZoeMarks: @TheCameronBoyce makes the best pasta... no joke. #Yummy

I immediately get lots of retweets and favourites. People have found out that there is going to be a Grown Ups 3 when Adam Sandler announced it formally on twitter and in an interview and he gave me a shout out... how awesome?!

Fans nor anyone else knows about Cameron and I's relationship except Cameron, Maya and obviously me know and that's the way I want it to stay for a while.

I do love Cameron so much I just feel like I would just break if his fans give us hate or hated me for dating Cameron. I wouldn't forgive myself if it ruined his career.

"Beep-" 1 new notification

@TheCameronBoyce:
@MissZoeMarks I spit in the pasta when you weren't looking. Moi hahaha...just kidding. Or am I?

I just shake my head. Why am I not surprised Cameron said that?

@MissZoeMarks: @TheCameronBoyce you are disgusting!

Knock knock.

"Come in" I say putting my phone on the table beside the couch.

"Hey Zoe" China says as she walks in.

"Hey China. What's up?"

"Adam wants to see you" China tells me.

"Umm.. ok them. Like now?" I ask.

"Yeah. He's in his office" She says. Adam has an office... since when?

"And where exactly is that?" I ask and China laughs and gestures me to follow her. I grab my phone and put it in my jeans pocket.

I follow China to Adam's office and she leaves. I knock on the door and I hear a faint "come in" and I open the door and close it behind me.

"You wanted to see me" I say more as a questions. Adam looks up from his computer.

"Ahh yes Zoe. Take a seat" he tells me.

"What did you want to see me about?" I ask as nicely as possible.

"You have been acting different recently and so is Cameron. Are you two alright? did you get into some kind of fight?" Adam asks concerned.

"Have we? I didn't notice. Everything is fine Adam. Really. You have nothing to worry about. Nothing's changed" I assure him.

"Something has changed and you aren't telling me" Adam says. "It's alright. You can go" he says. But as I open the door to leave Adam says "good luck Zoe. Don't let Cameron break your heart, ok?"

Hang on... Adam knows... who else does?

~~~

Another long day on set done! Better Skype my mum and dad. I haven't done that in a while and they should be awake now.

I go to my room and open up my laptop and log into Skype and see my parents are online so I Skype call them.

"Hey my beautiful girl" my mum greets.

"Hey sweetie" my dad says.

"Hi mum and dad" I say waving and smiling. I do miss my mum and dad but I'm doing what I love and they support me, I can't let them down.

~~~
After an hour of catching up everyone goes silent and my dad sighs.

"What's wrong dad?" I ask.

"Zoe hunny. We have to tell you something" my mum says and immediately I feel my stomach drop aand my heart sink even though I don't know what's wrong... I just know its bad.

"Mum is very sick..." dad starts.

"What do you mean sick? how sick?" I ask.

"Zoe I have multiple tumours and aneurisms in my brain and the doctors said they aren't able to get them all out even if I have surgery and eventually one of the aneurisms will burst and kill me. The doctors say I only have 18 months left." my mum says and I can see that dad has tears streaming down his face and mum is trying to be brave.

I don't know what to say. I feel so lost all of a sudden.

"Didn't Pa die of an aneurism?" I ask and mum and dad just nod their heads.

I don't remember much of my Grandpa, he died when I was only four and he loved me to bits and I loved him to just as much.

"I have go come home." I say.

"No Zoe. I love you hunny but your movie will be done before my number is up and you are coming home for New Years so I will see you then." My mum says.

"Why can't I come home? Mum... I want to be there fo-" my mum cuts me off.

"I want you to make me proud Zoe. I want you to finish you movie. Don't be sad baby girl I love you. Look after yourself and enjoy your time in LA. You worked so hard already."

"We love you but we have to go" Dad says.

"Bye mum bye dad. I love you to" I say not looking at the computer screen.

"Love you" mum says and ends the call.

I want to cry but I feel if I do it will make this all the more real. I love my mum so much and I haven't seen my dad so sad before. First my brother and now mum.

I need to be strong no painful it is. I need to make my mum proud. That's all she wants.

I log into twitter.

@MissZoeMarks:
Sometimes you gotta accept the fact things will never go back to how the used to be. Sometimes you have to go through the hard times to know how strong you really are.

==========================
Short yet sad chapter... I know. Poor Zoe when things start to look up after her brother died and now this...
Vote! Comment! Share!
I think I will update again tomorrow, I will see how I go.