Chapter 1: things in common & exploding chickens

*Zoe's POV*

"I'm gonna miss you mum" I say giving my mum a tight squeeze. I'm at the airport with my parents and I'm about to board a plane from Melbourne, Australia to Los Angeles, California. I'm going to be in GROWN UPS 3! I'm so excited!

"I love you sweetie. Promise you'll call" my mum asks with tears in her eyes.

"I promise mum. I love you to. I have to go now" I say pulling away from our hug trying not to let tears escape my eyes.

"Bye Zo. have a safe flight. Your brother would be proud of you" my dad says waving.

"Bye" I say and picking up my carry on bag and walking to the gate and boarding the plane.

~~~

"YES! OH MY GOD!" I immediately sit up realising I fell asleep listening to music and just woke up to Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites by Skrillex on full blast.

I take out my earphones and tap the older woman's next to me's shoulder.
"How long until we land in LA?" I ask.

"Only about 2 hours" she replies then goes back to reading her book.

Seeing as I have two hours to chill, I'll tell you about how I got a part in Grown Ups 3.

One day I was looking at acting and dancing opportunities in America. I found out about an audition for Grown Ups 3. I loved GU 1&2, they were so funny and looked so much fun to film. I sent my information to the casting agent for GU. After a few weeks they contacted me back with a scene that I had to video myself doing and send it back. Then about a month later I got a call in the middle of class which I got in trouble for but I ran out of the class and answered it anyway. I GOT THE PART and I screamed and started jumping around the school hallway then into the classroom and then I screamed "I GOT THE PART"...

I got a detention for having my phone on in class, for taking a call in class, for leaving the classroom and disrupting the class. Good times.

For a few months I Skyped Adam Sandler, yes THE ADAM SANDLER! who was one of the co-writers. He is so funny and such an awesome actor. I can't wait to meet him in person and the rest of the cast.

I don't know much about what's happening yet. I'm getting the full script when I have a meeting with Adam Sandler and the other co-writers and the directors.

I'm going to be staying with one of my co-stars, Cameron Boyce. He plays Keithie Feder. I've talked to his mum and dad before and they seem really nice.

I'm going to be playing a girl named Grace Carter, that is basically all I know about my character.

"Please fasten your seat belts we are about to make our final decent into LAX"

FINALLY!

I walk out of the gate and get my suitcase and go through security and I'm meeting Libby, she is Cameron's mum or should I say mom because I'm in America? I'm serious, I don't actually know.

My phone starts ringing and Libby is calling me.

"Hey Libby" I answer.

"Hi Zoe. I think I can see you. Are you wearing grey leggings and light green tank top?" Libby asks.

I look down at what I'm wearing. "Yep" I say and a feel a tap on my shoulder.

"Hi" A female voice says and I turn around and it's Libby. I hang up my phone and put it back in my hand bag.

"It's nice to finally meet you" Libby says hugging me.

"And same to you" I say as we pull out of the hug.