Chapter 9: Don't let go

"I'm ready to tell you why I was crying the other day"

*Cameron's POV*

When I was holding Zoe in my arms and watched her cry the other day I could feel my heart sink deeper into my chest. I would have held her forever if it were possible. I wanted her to feel safe and I wanted her to trust me. She looked so fragile and vulnerable and I can see the same look in her eyes right now that same frightened and scarred look.

"You don't have to tell me anything you don't want to. I want you to feel safe around me" I tell Zoe as she gets off me and sits next to me on my king size double bed.

"You deserve to know" Zoe says as I reach out and hold her hand.

"I never talk about my family much because it's something hard to talk about for me because it would be hard to avoid a very difficult conversation for me. But I'm ready to tell you, I trust you enough" Zoe says and I can already see her eyes become glassy.

"You probably think I'm an only child but that wasn't always the case. I had an 20 year old brother named Jack. We were as close as any brother and sister could get. But one night he never came home. I later found out he went out drinking with some mates and his mate was driving and they were speeding and also over the 0.05. The car flipped and crashed into a power line pole. They were both killed." by now tears were running down Zoe's cheek but she took at deep breath and continued.

"This happened 2 weeks before I came to LA." Zoe's voice cracked.

"I loved my brother. He was as over protective as a brother could get, he teased me, he stood up for me and he never got to know how grateful I was to have a brother like him. I miss him so much and he was so proud when I found out I got a part in Grown Ups 3 he told me the night he died before I left never to forget him when I become famous, I told him that wouldn't happen and he gave me a hug and said 'if you meet any cute boys in LA, let them know they have me to watch out for if they break your heart' I just laughed and watched him leave" but now Zoe was sobbing and I pulled Zoe into a hug and let her cry into my shoulder.

I felt my shirt become wet from Zoe's tears. I don't know what I'd do if I lost Maya, even though we argue and she is annoying as hell sometimes... she's still my little sister and I love her.

"Hey, hey, hey. Shhhhh..." i say rubbing her back trying to sooth Zoe. I don't care it's almost 3 in the morning

I kiss Zoe's forehead and slowly Zoe's sobs turn into silent tears. I've heard silent tears are the most painful.

Soon Zoe sits up and looks at me and wipes the last few tears away and gives me a small but fake smile.

I cup Zoe's cheek with my left hand. "I am so proud of you. You are so so so strong to be able to tell me something as personal as that" I tell her and kiss her nose.

"But I cried" Zoe says looking me in the eyes. Her usually vibrant blue eyes are dull and blood shot.

"Crying doesn't make you weak Zoe." I tell her stroking the her cheek with my thumb.

"Thank you Cameron" Zoe says and leans forward and pecks me lips.

Every time Zoe and I kiss it sends bolts of electricity through my body and makes me feel butterflies. I've never felt anything like that before.

"Hey, you're beautiful. I don't like seeing beautiful girls cry. But crying doesn't make you weak, especially after what you went through" I tell her and kiss her forehead again.

Zoe gives me a fake smile but I think that's the best I'm going to get for a while. I get out of bed and take me wet t-shirt off and grab another one and throw it on.

I get back into bed and asked Zoe if she wanted to stay and she just nodded and climbed under the covers with me.

I pulled her close to me so she was snuggled into my side. Zoe curled up into a ball even though it's warm, I just think she needed comfort and that's what I'm going to give her.

"Please don't let go" Zoe says.

"I never want to let you go" I reply.

I feel as though I need to protect Zoe, it's like I don't even need to think twice about holding Zoe in my arms because it feels so right. I want to hold her forever, I want to kiss her whenever, I want to tease her and tell her how much I...

Love her.

I stroked Zoe's soft blonde hair until she fell asleep. I kissed her forehead and whispered. "I love you babe".

I knew Zoe isn't mine but I fell in love with her, at first I refused to believe that until I kissed her.

I wish I knew how to tell her. I want her to be mine.

===========================
I can't believe that this story have over 1k reads. I seriously love all of you who read my stories you are truly amazing and lovely people. This was a but of a sad-ish chapter but now you know a little more about Zoe and Cameron.