He (finally) Asks You Out

(A/N Ignore the whole House Tour part. I just thought this would be a good picture.)

Cody Carson:

"Hey Clarinet!" I say enthusiastically, bounded up to hug him. "I'm so glad you asked for my help. Trust me, you'll be acing Spanish in no time!"

"Hey French Horn." He sounded distraught, despite his smile. He refused to make eye contact with me and I got confused and slightly nervous. What was going on with my friend?

"Hey, you okay?" I ask, trying to look at his eyes.

"I'm fine." He mumbled.

I frown, blowing some loose (H/C) out of my eyes. "Cut the crap, Carson. I've learned from too many people that when you say you're "fine" you're not actually fine."

He forced a cheerful smile. "I have no idea what you're talking about Y/n."

"Maybe this will cheer you up," I whisper.

"What?" He looked at me confused.

I smile brightly and put my hands on my hips."Cody "Clarinet" Charles Carson, will you be my boyfriend?" I ask, confident he'll say yes.

He looked taken back from what I said and even took a small step back. Well, that's not a good sign. He opened his mouth to try and say something but seemed unable to form any coherent words so he shut his mouth, eyes still impossibly wide.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "This is the part where you say yes (Y/n), I would love to be your boyfriend."

"I, uh, um, uh." He sputtered. "Yes, (Y/n), I, um, would love to, um, be your, ah, boyfriend."

I folded my arms across my chest, unimpressed. "Try again Cody."

"What?" He looked at me dumbfounded.

"Try again Cody! You need to be more confident if you really like me and want to be my boyfriend." I then added quickly, "You do like me, right?"

He looked down at the ground, blushing like crazy. "Yeah. I'm pretty sure I do." He whispered. "Yes (Y/N) I would love to be your boyfriend."

"Thank you, Clarinet." I smiled and intertwined my hand with his. "Now, let's go study for that Spanish test before we discuss the details of our date."

"S-sounds g-g-good." He stuttered.

I chuckled. "Cody? Confidence."

"Right, right. Sorry."

Maxx Danziger:

"Hello?" I asked.

"Uh, hey, Y/N. It's Maxx. Maxx Danziger. From the donut shop." I heard his voice shake over the receiver and I smiled. He was too cute for his own good when he got flustered. But why, I wasn't sure.

I laughed, trying to ignore the slight pain in my heart when he talked about the donut shop. "Yes Maxx, I know it's you. Your name came up when I accepted the call."

"Oh yeah, right. Sorry, I guess I forgot." He mumbled and if I was in the same room as him, I'm sure I would've seen him blushing like an idiot and maybe smacking his forehead. "I was just wondering how you're holding up after the closing situation."

I gave a weaker laugh. "Heh, yeah. I'm doing okay. I'm going to need to find another job soon. It shouldn't be too hard I don't think. I've got pretty good credentials."

"Oh, cool. I'll let you get to it." He said and I knew I had to say something to stop him from hanging up on me.

"Wait!" I blurted out. "I mean, I don't have to right now." I crossed my fingers, hoping he would take the bait.