Chapter 55 Graduation

I didn’t know what to do if what I feared to see would happen. I ran as fast as I could to chase off Nick who was going to barge in to the school and get Alex; I kept hoping I was wrong. Nick went in to school, and I really tried to get to him, but he was quick. Before I got in, I heard a loud bang, like someone just hit something hard. Chills ran down my spine again as I rushed into the school and pushed off the doors.

                “Nick!” I didn’t even need to see. I shouted as I got in. There was a bunch of people in the way. They crowded in like there was commotion, and there obviously was. It sounded like there was a guy getting beaten up, and everyone was watching. I quickly squeezed through the crowd and got in to that big commotion circle. As I feared, it was Nick. He pushed Alex off the ground and lockers and continued hitting him on the stomach. Alex was clearly getting beaten up. Alex fell down on his knees to the floor in pain of Nick’s punches. Everyone seemed frightened to stop the fight. Winnie was even standing in shock on the side.

                Nick tried to catch his breath while Alex tried to get up. Then, Nick continued to rage again and approached Alex with the intent to hit him again. I didn’t see the fighting intent in Alex. It was like he didn’t care being hit. He didn’t seven look like he wanted to fight back, but I was the one who couldn’t take seeing that.

                “Nick!” I shouted again right before Nick even made a move. Suddenly, everyone froze and watched me. Even Alex, who was even barely standing, was driven to see me. Nick looked back to me, and Winnie continued to cry, looking confused and all. I panted, but I just couldn’t help it, so I wanted to say it. My eyes started to tear, too. I couldn’t take seeing Alex with blood on his mouth. “That’s enough!”

                “Can you even hear yourself?!” Nick shouted even when he panted to catch his breath. “You’re still going to defend this guy. You were crying outside. You told me he loves you, but what on earth is he doing with Winnie? You’re actually defending a guy that’s clearly making a fool out of you! Wake up, Liyah!”

                “No.” I shook my head and continued to cry. Everyone was real quiet. They were a little surprised and devastated.

                “You know what, Sander?” Nick looked back at Sander. “You’re an asshole. Liyah’s very special. You may not see that in her, but she’s a very wonderful girl. She may not have too many friends, but she loves everyone she makes. She’s may say curses to you sometimes. She may want to hit you if you’re too stupid to fall in love with the wrong person. She may also be an idiot in Math sometimes, but I don’t know anyone else in this school that has a better heart than her. She’ll always be there for you. She’ll try her best for you. She’ll cry for you… like how she’s crying right now. She loves you, and you’re throwing that away.”

                No one could talk with that speech. We were all silenced, and I just continued to cry. Alex was looking at me, and I knew he was very much in pain.

                “I gave up on her.” Nick continued in a calmer voice, like he was lecturing Alex. “It’s because she told me you love her, and she loves you. I thought it was happily ever after for you two, so I just sat still and smiled. No matter how hard it was for me that the only girl I loved in my whole life wasn’t feeling the same way for me, I smiled even with tears. I laughed. I started to have a dream for you two. Right now, throwing that all away is the worst thing you’ll ever do to yourself. You’ll find yourself regretting that. You don’t know what you’re missing.”

                “Oh, Nick.” I told him, and he looked back at me. Everyone was really surprised and stunned with what Nick had just done. Suddenly, a bunch of guys came from the crowd and went to Nick. They pulled his shirt and threatened to beat him up.