Chapter 36 Showdown!

I introduced Sharon to a bunch more people. She met Harvey right after he goofed around with Laura. Around 7:30, the crowd got bigger and bigger. Well, better late than never. I got a little exhausted after I took Sharon around. Apparently, she met the other people that she had similar classes with. I just didn’t know them. I introduced myself with Sharon so she’d have more confidence. It was amazing. It was like one-fourth of the crowd knows her already… or remembers her perhaps. I remembered their names, too.

                It was also the time when I saw the man that I waited come in the Neptune High gym… yes, it was Alex! Ohhhhhh, he looked so cute and handsome in his suit and tie! He was walking around when I saw a girl run to him. She stopped him from walking, and they talked… oh, I should have guessed… it was Winnie. Sharon noticed my weird gaze at them… I probably looked jealous.

                “Jealous?” she teased. I looked at Sharon back and back at them.

                “Yes.” I just didn’t see the point in hiding it to Sharon. “I want to rip her head off.”

                “Let me tell you something.” Sharon continued. “Seeing that girl with Sander, I’d say they don’t look cute like how you look cute when you’re with him.”

                “Wow. Thanks.” Again, I looked at Sharon, but I just got to sway my head back at them to keep my watch.

                “Why don’t you go introduce me to her? That way, you’ll bother them.”

                “That’s brilliant!” I was like EURIKA-ing! “But sounds really desperate.”

                “Really? I thought you were desperate.” She said. She was right. I looked at her with a fixed look.

                “I am.” I said. I grabbed Sharon’s hand and walked her to Alex and Winnie’s direction. “And I’m going to show Winnie who’s the boss.”

                “Hey, why are you taking me?” Sharon struggled with my fast walking. “I’m not good at introducing, remember?”

                “I hate introducing, too.” I continued… fixed to my goal.

                “Well, there’s a big difference between not-good-in-introducing and hating-introducing.”

                “You’re right.” I remained my decision and kept walking. “That’s why we’re going in.”

                Alex and Winnie were laughing and talking when Sharon and I barged right into them. I interrupted their laughing with a Winnie-removing-intent smile, “Hi there, Alex.” I changed my tone to a bit pale when I called, “And Winnie.”

                “Hey, Liyah.” Winnie felt that a bit weird. It seemed like a showdown to me. Sharon was to my advantage. SHE WAS TO DISTURB WINNIE WHILE I TAKE ALEX AWAY! YEAH, BABY!

                “Hi, Liyah.” Alex greeted. Ooooh, there goes my stomach again. It felt really hot that time. He smiled at me, and I was struggling in resisting. “Sharon, what a surprise!”

                “Yeah, I wanted to come!” Sharon cheerfully said.

                “Sharon, do your job.” I whispered to Sharon. Sharon realized what I was talking about and panicked.

                “Uhm!” Sharon faced Winnie and got her attention. Sharon offered a hand shake. “I’m Sharon Stone! It’s a real delight to meet you Ms. Winnie! I hope we can be good friends!”